Monday, September 5, 2011

Encouragement for a Triathlon: Swimming

One of my best friends is training for her first triathalon.  She is training with 'Team in Training' and is competing to honor her brother, who recently won his battle with lymphoma.  You can find out more here.  

This is the third in a series of cards I am sending her.  The first card was to encourage her for her 10k run.  The second card was to encourage her for the 40k bike ride.  This last card is to encourage her for the 1.5 k ocean swim.


Here is the card I made for her:




I decided to use the Team in Training official colors, which are teal and purple.  This card is a CASE of one of the PTI DT's cards posted during the introduction of this stamp set.

I hope she sees how cute the whale is, and how effortlessly she is swimming through the big ocean waves.  The event is next weekend, so this week marks the end of all the training.  I know she will do great.  I wish I could be there in person to cheer her on, but it is too far away, so I am doing it via mail (and phone).


Supplies Used (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted):
Stamps:  Whale Wishes, Background Basics:  Retro, Polka Dot Basics II
Paper:  Royal Velvet, Bazzil Blue Calypso
Other:  Whale die, Rickrack border die, Cloud die, Clear embossing powder


Thanks for Visiting

6 comments :

  1. Hi Joyce, this card is so cute. Using the ricrac for the waves is brilliant.
    Thanks for the lovely message on my blog.
    I live in Lafayette, near Walnut Creek. I actually grew up in Pacifica, just south of SF. I love SF but after a childhood of nothing but fog, I am very happy to be living in the east bay now.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I forgot to add.

    GOOD LUCK to your friend. I am sure all of your cards will provide inspiration to her.

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable and a very sweet thought for your friend. I love the embossed dots on the ricrack for the waves. Great idea. I am glad it is not me trying to swim all that distance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable ! How nice of you to make her three cards. The colors are great! How nice your friends brother won his battle with cancer. My younger sister was not as fortunate . I'm alwas happy to hear when someone wins! Take care Joyce . Thanks for all you nice comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable!!
    LOVE the colors...
    and your friend is going to love this!
    Wishing her oodles of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a wonderful friend. I have enjoyed seeing all of the cards of encouragement you have made and this one is so sweet. I love the colors and the waves! Wishing your friend all the best too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...