Thursday, September 15, 2011

50 and Fabulous (Hawaiian Shores)


This is the second card I made for the ColorQ Challenge #102.


I used a color combination of Spring Moss, Poppy Parade, Smokey Shadow and Hawaiian Shores.  This card has Hawaiian Shores as the main color.  The first card I made had Spring Moss as the main color, and I was wondering if it might look better with Hawaiian Shores as the main color, so I made this one. You can see the other card here

Which card do you like better?


Supplies Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Stamps:  Big Birthday Wishes
Paper:  Spring Moss, Smokey Shadow, White, Bitty Dot Basics
Other:  Edgers Die #2, Numbers Die, Mat Stack #5, Spring Moss Button, Twinery Twine


Thanks for Visiting

10 comments :

  1. Oh, these are both great! I think I prefer the blue one though. Not sure why.... maybe I'm in a blue mood. ;)
    I especially love how you layered the numbers so it looks like a shadow for depth-- fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Leigh about that shadowing on the numbers. It really did make them pop! The bitty dot paper for the Mat stack was a smart choice too. I love the decorative edger too, just lots of great elements on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're both fabby...
    but I think I like this one more...
    only I think it's because I'm more partial to HS :)
    Love them both...
    they're both great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both but I think I like this one better!! So happy you joined us at the ColourQ this week Joyce!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them both, but prefer the HS. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joyce,
    It's been crazy busy here. We have had major flooding in our town, luckily we only had some minor basement water but we have been helping with the local food kitchens set up to help feed those that were less fortunate and lost everthing. There were over 1000 homes affected and many of those home are now condemed.
    Thanks for stopping by the hop and I hope you get to play along. And great color combo and card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well your card is sure "fabulous", Joyce! I love the doily border, the fabby colors, and the way the "50" just POPS right off the card! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came over here from Amber's Reject Blog Hop, where I read your comment. I just want to say that your cards are fantastic and they are totally worthy of submitting to PC Mag!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love that you made 2 different cards by switching out the button and the 50. Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely card, this one seems happier, Joyce! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...