Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Mini Happy Birthday

I just got the Wonderful Words dies and was eager to play with them.  I didn't get the stamp set, because I wasn't sure how I would like the dies, and I thought it would be a good challenge to see what I already had that would work with the dies (crazy, right?).

I decided to play along with this week's CAS-ual Friday  challenge #20 to make a mini card.  Lately, I have been loving mini cards.  This card is 4X4 and is also for the CR84FN #38 color challenge of bright pink, black and grey.  I used PTI Hibiscus Burst cardstock and black and grey inks.




I used a technique explained a while back on a Make it Monday where we were challenged to make a background out of sentiments from different sets.  I needed something to go along with that loopy pink 'happy', so I used the 'Birthday' sentiment from Big Birthday Wishes, Ad Sense, Wonderfully Whimsical, and Up, Up, and Away.   The two 'Birthday' sentiments closest to the 'happy' are in black ink.  The rest are in grey.


Thanks for Looking

16 comments :

  1. It's fabby Joyce!
    I LOVE the colors!
    And I love mini cards...
    so cute and so easy...
    and since life is starting to get to normal...
    is there such a thing?...
    hoping I can fit this challenge in because it's been ages!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you trace the diecut with gray copic? or is that just the shadow? either way - fabulous! I wish i had that many birthday sentiments--- its a theme i am seriously lacking in!
    (p.s. I own fired brick and never thought to use it... its on my list to try tomorrow!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure fun! Love this card :) So glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you were getting those word dies! This card is really good. The way you stamped the words closest to the diecut in black and the rest in gray was really smart. You are doing so good with all these challenges and extra good combining them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Love the word dies, don't have those yet, but really like the way it just pops off of your card. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! And by the way, I did things the opposite way: bought the stamps first and tried to figure out things that would work to fill in the blanks... but then I bought the dies too :) They're too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce this is so CUTE! I LOVE that fun background and LOVE the wonderful word dies too!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! I usually buy just the dies. Figure I can use pattern paper if I want designs. Love the birthdfay background. Thank goodness for MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Joyce. Love the effect from the different fonts. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce, I just LOVE the loopy pink Happy! (Pink especially makes ME happy!) LOVE all of the Birthday sentiments. I remember this tutorial! This card could be duplicated in all kinds of colors! FAB! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE how you arranged the words on here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun birthday card, Joyce! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cool! I do love a great mini and this absolutely qualifies. The arrangement of the words is perfect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply darling! Love the die cut pink "happy"! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun birthday card - I do like the variety of fonts and the die cut happy is just super! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...