Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Four-Of-A-Kind #2

It is time for our September Four-of-a-Kind post.  This will be the second in what I hope is a long series of monthly posts where Cathy, Kim, Renee and I challenge ourselves to make a card out of a kit sent to us by the hostess of the month.  You can see the first challenge here.

The hostess for the month makes four kits and sends them out to each of us.  We work secretly to create a card using at least 4 items from the kit.   No other rules or restrictions.  We are allowed to use anything else we have on hand.  We get to see each others cards today, on each of our blog posts.  We are scheduling our posts to go live at the same time.  I can't wait to see what everyone has created.

Our hostess this month was Kim of Cupcakes, Cards and Kim.  She sent each of us this fabulous package of goodies:



I was so excited when I saw all this loot.  Purple and green is one of my favorite color combinations.  And, while I have the Button Boutique and Signature Dress Form sets, I haven't played with them nearly enough (OK, not at all...)

Here is the card I came up with for our challenge:


I am really happy with the way this card turned out, and it didn't take much time at all.  I think having a collection of elements all prepared and practically served to me on a silver platter is quite a nice way to make a card.

The other three members of Four-of-a-Kind are:
Cathy Weber:  Empty Nest Crafter
Kim Heggins:  Cupcakes, Cards and Kim
Renee Lynch:  It's a Patchwork Life

Please stop by their blogs, if you haven't been there already, and see what they have created for our second  Four-of-a-Kind post. 


Thanks for Visiting

10 comments :

  1. Joyce it's fabulous!
    I love the way you used all the elements...
    and those pearls!! :)
    A super fabby card!!
    These cards really do come together quickly...
    and I love seeing how we all interpret the ingredients...
    similar yet so different!!
    And I'm hoping we continue this for a long while too!!
    Can't wait for the next month!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the package of stuff! And love what you came up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for me to see the world's first made by itself card! Your card did a really great job putting itself together. I love the papers lined up in strips and the sentiment stamped on the patterned paper. So cute and those pearls on the dress form are a grea touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Joyce! I love the little pearls at the neckline of the dress forms, so classy and the way you used three of the patterned papers, just so pretty. Looks like it belongs on the front of a pattern envelope! And to top it all off, it was made without human hands, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Joyce, your card is drop-dead gorgeous! Love the way you combined three pieces of patterned paper behind your button card. The dress form with pearls in two colors looks fabby. It's amazing how all four cards are so different, except for the pearl necklines being duplicated once. I also hope you gals continue this beyond your first four kits. Awesome!
    (aka bdlakebum)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Stunning Joyce. I love this card so much, and it's your favorite color combo. This is such a neat idea you girls have been doing and so fun. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty!! love the little necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great, Joyce! I have that stamp set, but not the die, but I've never stamped the dress form before. I'll have to get it out and play with it....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce, that is a fabulous idea for a swap! I love it! And what great projects you made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! Love the pearl necklaces too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...