Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Daydreamer Cards

I finally got the chance to break out my new Daydreamers stamp set the other day, and used it to make a few thank you cards.  When this set was released, I really liked the images, but didn't think I'd use the sentiments at all.  I was fortunate enough to find someone who felt the exact opposite way, so we split the set.

Here are my cards:






One of my favorite color combinations is Royal Velvet and Ripe Avocado.  I couldn't decide which to use as base and which to use as accent, so I made one of each.  I used Mehndi Medallions stamped in Versamark on the card base.  The sentiment is from Botanical Silhouettes.

















The white panel on all of the cards is adhered with dimensionals, although that is hard to see in these photos.



For the third card, I went with a brighter color scheme of Harvest Gold and SU Real Red.  I used the bigger flower from Daydreamer as the background stamp on the card base.

The border on all three cards was made with my brand new Fiskars Border Punch called Upper Crest.  I had seen this used several times, and really like the look of it.









Thanks for Visiting

10 comments :

  1. So beautiful! I love the mehndi background, and the little border edge! I, too, sold the sentiments from this set :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike you...I loved the sentiments...
    but I'm also a daydreamer...
    have been since...
    birth?
    *giggle*
    But love the images too...
    and these are gorgeous...
    love the color combos!
    And that edging...
    it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. I agree that ripe avacodo & royal velvet go great together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so good and I love all of the thought behind each one, from the way you stamped the cardbase background to the careful attention to the color combinations. That is a great border punch! Perfect with these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love them all...so pretty!! great color combos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty, Joyce! I felt the same way about the Daydreamer sentiments.... I really never cared for them, so I sold them on the PTI forum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Divine. You'd be pleased to know that I have just ordered this set...finally. Largely in part because of your wonderful creations made with it. I am not a fan of the sentiment's font or kerning or leading or what ever it is that seems a bit weird to me, but I do love the images. I adore the variety of colors and background combos used here. What magnificent cards. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce these are wonderful! Those stamps look like they would be tough to use with the detail on the "berries" or balls...but you make it look effortless! Love the color combos too... right now I only have vintage cream, kraft, avocado and ocean tides... must expand my library! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful set of cards Joyce. Will you be giving these as a gift set? I think they would be a beautiful gift set. You chose perfect colors too.
    Maybe I will see you in Temecula at one of the sport fields :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce, these cards are just beautiful! The scream springtime to me and now I have added that set to my wish list as well. I have been on the fence for a while, but with these beautiful cards you sold me on it! The versamark background is so nice and adds such a beautiful finished touch to your cards.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...