Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mini Mehndi's

I have two more mini cards today--these are sized to fit the Seed Packet Die, 2 1/2" by 3 1/2".  These cards are for the CAS-ual Friday  challenge #20 to make a mini card, and also for the CR84FN #38 color challenge of bright pink, black and grey.  I used PTI Hibiscus Burst cardstock and black and grey inks.  I was inspired by this card set.




I used the Mehndi Medallion stamp in Grey, 'thank' and 'Love' in black, and wonderful words 'you' cut out of Hibiscus Burst cardstock.  So far, I am finding things in my stamping stash to work with the Wonderful Words dies, but I love those dies so much, I will probably end up buying them their own stamp set at some point.

I thought these cards would look cute inside a mini envelope made out of vellum, and made a sticker to keep the envelope closed.  To make the sticker, I used a PTI adhesive sheet cut with a Flower Fusion die and stamped with one of the smaller Mehndi stamps in Versa Color Rose Red, which is my best ink match to Hibiscus Burst.



Thanks for Visiting

14 comments :

  1. They're fabulous!!
    Again...those colors...
    love them!
    And this look so perfect in them!
    I have Mehndi...
    it sits still uninked :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute mini cards and I love the vellum envelopes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce, your mini CAS cards are wonderful. Love the envelope idea. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have both the dies and the stamps for this set and have used them both (separately and together) tons! I love this little cards you made, Joyce-- very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, that pink YOU is so FAB peeking out of the vellum envelope! LOVE the mendi and how you used the black and gray! WONDERFUL cards! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty, Joyce! Simple, yet very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a similar idea with the medallions! So cute! (Btw, I edited my post to answer the question in your comment...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce these are both so pretty...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What sweet little cards! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce the cards with the vellum envelope are perfect. Love these mini cards and so handy to have on stock for a quick gift add on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the way you used the mehndi stamp and the vellum envelope and really love your color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so pretty!! Pink and gray are definitely some of my fave colors together! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Love the simplicity of the design and the way the pink sentiment shows through the vellum envelope. Fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...