Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ice Cream Party

Last weekend, I had an ice cream party with my oldest daughter.  We spent the afternoon together, making ice cream cards using PTI's Sweet as Can Be stamp set.  We cased this card, which was a case of this original card by Laurie Willison.  We had such a sweet afternoon together.  Here are some of the cards we made:









Here is a close up of Rachel's card.  She chose to use the Chevron Strips as her background, and colored each ice cream scoop with Copics.  Doesn't that look yummy.  I think she is a great little card maker?  She chose a sentiment from Paper Smooches.  I think her card is the best, don't you?














Here is a close up of one of the cards I made that day.  I used my Market Street Stamps Zebra background, stamped in various colors and embossed with clear embossing powder.  The sentiment is from Asian Fusion.  The cherries on top were made with the SU Create a Cupcake punch--they are probably the thing I use most from that punch.















And, because my daughters both told me that we need more cards that they can grab on short notice and give to their friends that DON'T say things like 'you're so sweet' and 'hi there sweetie', I made a couple more of these giant ice cream cones, that I first showed here, and was originally cased from Katie's card here.  The sentiments are from Paper Smooches, and have been approved by both my girls as being not too mushy.








After our ice cream card making party, we both sat down to a nice big bowl of ice cream.  It was a sweet day.


Thanks for Visiting




10 comments :

  1. Love these. Chocolate Chip Mint is my favorite! I never thought to color them with my Copics. Guess I'll have to give this a try. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always so happy when a new post from you shows up in my reader!!! We must buy the same things... You always have the best inspiration! Love those tall scoops...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those zebra striped cones are so great! It is my absolute favorite especially with the black and white zebra print patterned paper too. This looks like it was such a wonderful time, you know I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so CUTE! What a FUN afternoon you girls must have had! I LOVE getting crafty with my DD too!
    Have a GREAT Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so fun!! I especially like the long, stacked cards!! SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe they want cards that don't say "you're so sweet!"
    These are all fabulous, Joyce! I love the zebra ones and the really tall ones, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute cards. I do love them all. What a great way to spend an afternoon with a daughter. The card your daughter made is lovely. She does a super nice job coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are just way too sweet! once again, I do plan to case them. Rachel is so talented, just like mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are great. They make me smile!! You can never have enough Birthday cards.
    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your zebra ice cream. You have such great imagination.

    **June K**

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...