Sunday, June 6, 2021

My Crafty Week

    



Hello and happy Sunday.  I have a big post today, as I am getting back to normal crafting, and did not want to take a pause to write up a blog post.  Here goes...

First up is a pair of slimline cards that I made using some new stamps and stencils from Pink Fresh called Miss Your Smile.  I was playing around with whether to stamp first, then stencil, or the reverse.  The colors were inspired by Color Throwdown #645.  I am also entering these cards at The Flower Challenge #57: Clean and Simple and Addicted to Stamps and More #406: Make Your Mark.




This card is my favorite of the two.  I stenciled the flowers and leaves first, then stamped the outline images in Versafine Black.  This entire image is one stamp, and the card is basically one layer.  The stencil made it so quick to color--I feel like it would have taken ages to color and to arrange these flowers if they were individual stamps.  This card was remarkably quick and easy to make.  I added a sentiment die cut from Altenew Hello and Hugs.





This is what it looks like when I stamped before stenciling.  The colors are so much less bright.  I'm not sure why, as I used the same inks.  Perhaps the black ink spread a little bit.  I did have to restamp the black outline after stenciling, as it had gotten very faint.  Anyway, just to mix things up a little bit, I flipped the image upside down from the first card, and reversed the way the sentiment die cuts were layered.







Next up is a birthday card, using some old favorite supplies from PTI.  I was inspired by the Ink to Paper challenge at The Great Cover Up to create a card using shapes to ground an intricate background.  I used die cuts from Beautiful Berries: Spring and the Quatrefoil impression plate.  A die cut circle grounds my images.  I followed the sketch at Inspired by #177, the colors from CAS Colours and Sketches #422, and am also entering this card at The Flower Challenge #57: Clean and Simple.







Next up is this super CAS card, inspired by the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches #488, the colors from Color Hue #19: Blue & Brown, (and a challenge at Ink to Paper that ended before I could link to it).  It is difficult to see in this photo, but I used a musical impression plate on this card front.







Next up is a trio of summer-themed masculine cards using the Waterfall Heroscape stamps, with a bit of an assist from the Beach Heroscape stamps.  I started by stamping the 4 layering stamps that create the hills, waterfall, and water onto three different card fronts using different color combinations.  Then, I finished each card differently.  I will be entering all three of these cards at the following challenges:  Stay Crafty with Hero #23: Fun in the Sun, Addicted to CAS #199: Beach, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Masculine, The Paper Players #544: Signs of Summer, The Male Room #151: Dads & Grandads, WWC317: Masculine, and Cupcake Inspirations #520.




This is the simplest of the trio.  Just some leaping fish, a paddleboarder and an outrigger canoe under a bright and warm sun.





I got a little more ambitious with this next card by masking off the bottom of the card and creating a gradient sky.  Night time is coming to our beach paradise, and the parasailers are out in force.  I even added a surfer to the mix.  




This last card is either sunrise or sunset.  I can't decide.  Either way, everyone is having fun in the water.









Last up is a pair of masculine cards where I wanted to use my new Altenew Angled Mosaic 3D Embossing Folder and my new Simon Says Stamp Paper Hugs die.  These cards are so simple and I think they will be perfect to send to the males in my life.  I am entering them into just the masculine challenges above.




I used patterned paper for this first card, and I like how the blues are kind of watery and inconsistent.



This card has a white card front, and the texture and shadows almost make it look like the paper is colored.



That's it for me this week.  


Thanks for Visiting
























































28 comments :

  1. wow....so many beautiful and creative cards Joyce, love each one of the. but my favorite are those waterfall cards, simply stunning and I feel like I would love to be on one of those paddle boards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful cards, Joyce! I love them all. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love the embossing on the bird card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the throwdown colors on the slimline cards! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my goodness you are back in the flow and wow to all these cards! Super how you made the scenes-quite different for you but they work so well, what a crafty soul you are xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a fabulous collection of cards! I'm a huge fan of many of the products you've used and your card design is wonderful. The blue and brown bird is so perfect for the Color Hues challenge, and I love the sentiment you've chosen. Such a versatile design--great for men or women. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. A great pile of cards. You did 2 great masculine cards! The ones with the landscape are my favorites. Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.

    Maja, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fantastic selection of cards! Really beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations and The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all incredible, Joyce! I don't know where those waterfalls are, but I want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very crafty week indeed! Your pair of slimline cards are beautiful! I must acquire a layering stencil. Your next floral card is so pretty too, with the embossed background. A bird - another way I could have used blue and brown and liked it better! :D Gorgeous waterfall cards - wow! Your paper hugs cards would make great stash cards - suitable for just about anyone. Thanks for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More and Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so pretty!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful collection of cards! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What a stunning series of CAS designs, Joyce! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches. I love how that lovely bird pops against the all white background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you've been very creative! A wonderful collection of cards! I especially love your CAS card for CC&S:) Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahem...Beautiful and Gorgeous every single card. You make we feel so inspired when you do your crafty weekend post, makes me want to craft again. The PF stenciled flowers are so lovely, as soon as it is back in stock I'm ordering or coming for a visit after second shot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! So many wonderful cards. I love "one stop" viewing. Thanks so much for including CC&S in your weekend crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Uauuu, fantastic cards! Thanks for playing with beautiful masculine cards at The Male Room Challange

    ReplyDelete
  19. Joyce, an amazing gallery of gorgeous cards! Thank you for sharing those pretty little blossoms [lavender?] with Inspired By! I see that Sketch!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  20. As always, you have shared some gorgeous cards with us, Joyce! I love how you created your 'Beach' scenes...beautiful color palette on all 3 cards, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!! you've been busy, these cards are gorgeous!!!
    Love the slim line you shared at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, beautifully colored.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. You had a very productive crafting time, Joyce. What wonderful cards! Thanks for sharing a couple of them with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You made gorgeous cards here. Thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations challenge - Anila DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Joyce, an amazing gallery of gorgeous cards once again. I love your blue and brown bird and your creative note background! Thanks for joining us over at Color Hues and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome collection of cards. I stopped by to check out your WWC cards. Love those layere scenes you'ver made. Great for a bloke. Thanks for joining us at the WWC. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful male cards you made :-))
    Thanks for playing with us at The Male Room this time!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Joyce, its been ages since I came to visit and straight away I walk into a wonderful collection of cards. the cards for our challenge are just perfect, I do love the soft colours and then all the amazing other cards. I cant wait to come again. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful collection of cards! Thank you for playing with us at The Male Room Challenge. Goga

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...