Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pink Umbrellas

This week's Make it Monday showed us how to make homemade thick chipboard accents.  It is so easy.  Basically, you just die cut your cardboard (I used coasters) 6 or so times, then glue all the layers together.  The top layer is the card stock or patterned paper you want to show on your card.  This week's CAS-ual Friday's Challenge is called Mostly Monochromatic, and the challenge is to use three shades of the same color plus brown.


I combined the two challenges into this card, using Scattered Showers.  It is based on a card Dawn McVey showed during the initial introduction of Scattered Showers back in 2009.  I used Bitty Dots paper in Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, and Raspberry Fizz.  I used the Sweet Blush umbrella for my chipboard accent.






In this side view, you can see how thick that light pink umbrella is.  This technique is so easy, and really adds something special to the card.  I've got lots of ideas for more chipboard fun.

I didn't intend for this card to be a baby shower card for a girl, but that's what it is looking like to me.  So, I think I'll be hanging on to this one for a while.


Supplies Used (PTI)
Stamps:  Scattered Showers
Paper:  2008 & 2008 Bitty Dots, White
Other:  Scattered Showers die, Coasters, ribbon from my stash



Thanks for Visiting

7 comments :

  1. Oh, its just darling!! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh , I love it. I can't wait to try this. First I have to watch the vedio. Great card. Wish I had this set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job on both challenges! I could have used one of your sweet umbrellas yesterday...it poured rain for a couple of hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dimensional umbrella. I like that you only did one in chipboard and that side view really shows how nice and thick you made it. I am going to have to give those a try! Almost forgot, I love the three shades you used for your Mostly monochromatic card too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet Joyce, really love those umbrellas...super cute...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!! VERY cute design! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...