Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's Raining Acorns


I made a card for this week's CAS-Friday challenge to use paper piecing on a fall themed project.  This card is also my second card for PTI's Make it Monday #31, Creating Backgrounds with non-background Stamps.  I combined the umbrella from Scattered Showers with the littlest acorns from Autumn Acorns to make this card:


I paper pieced the umbrella using three different papers from PTI's Fall Prints and Patterns.  I made a background to look like raining acorns, and I cut two little acorns out of the patterned paper to decorate the sentiment.


Supplies Used (all Papertrey unless otherwise noted):
Stamps:  Scattered Showers, Autumn Acorns
Paper:  Rustic White, Dark Chocolate, Fall Prints & Patterns
Other:  Scattered Showers Die, Angled Labels Die


Thanks for Visiting

15 comments :

  1. Joyce...this card is just way too cute! I love the idea of the raining acorns and your paper pieced umbrella is just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too adorable!
    Very creative to "rain" acorns...
    and that umbrella is too fabby! :)
    A great, creative card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I feel like it's raining acorns around here with the squirrels at work as I walk my little Max. Sometimes they Do rain down around us LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is super cute, Joyce! I love your paperpieced umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a really cute idea Joyce. Those acorns really do look like falling rain. I love the colors and I bet this one is a winner for CASual Fri. Really good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That paper pieced umbrella is too cute! And I love the raining acorns! So glad you could play along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce this is just too cute! I can always appreciate the patience that is involved in paper piecing! Love those little acorns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great background with the acorns. I like the different colors. Thanks the input about the mailing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce this is such a fun Thanksgiving card. Love the pieced umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you did the umbrella and the acorn rain is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super creative to use the acorn for the background! Lovely paper-piecing! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card! Love the acorn rain and the autumn colours! Super cute with the patterned paper. Also, thank you for the nice comments on my blog. Just to rub it in further... I'm actually 23. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so unique. I love the raining acorns in various colors, and that umbrella is SWEET! SO glad you joined us this week at CAS_ual Fridays, this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...