Friday, September 2, 2011

Birthday Wishes

When I saw this card posted by Carol on her Crafty Magra blog, I knew I had to make one (or two) of my own.  Something about the simplicity of the card, plus the opportunity to use those 'Make a Wish' dies that have been sitting around really spoke to me.  I was fortunate enough to be the recipient of a RAK from Sue Plote over at This Pink Rooster, who sent me her extra package of Men of Life paper, so I was good to go.  These cards came together really quickly, probably because I didn't change much from Carol's design.



I do not have the woodgrain IP (it's still sitting in my cart), so improvised with a bit of versamark ink and clear embossing powder and a woodgrain stamp I got a while back at Michaels.  Between the two cards, I changed the base cardstock color and mixed up the center gifts.  

One of these cards is headed to my nephew.  The other one will be used soon enough, as we have quite a few fall birthdays in our family.

Here is a picture of the inside of the card:


Supplies Used (all Papertrey unless otherwise noted):
Stamps:  Think Big Favorites #7, Big Birthday Wishes, All Night Media Woodgrain
Paper:  Spring Rain, Kraft, Men of Life, SU Real Red
Other:  Make a Wish die, jelly dots, CB embossing folder, clear Filligree embossing powder



Thanks for Visiting

6 comments :

  1. Fabby cards!
    Love how you improvised with the woodgrain (I don't have the IP either)...
    and those little gifts are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw Carol's card last night-- great job CASE-ing it! You did a wonderful job stamping with the woodgrain stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you cased the card. I love the pattern paper that you chose. Excellent job with the woodgrain too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a GREAT case :) (I love doing those!) and *wow* at not having the IP woodgrain. that is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really cute card, love that woodgrain stamp. It looks so much like that A Muse paper we are going to get. Maybe you don't need it! I love those packages cut the the Men of Life paper pack. Don't have that one, but it sure does look good on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce, this is lovely. I adore the wonderful heartfelt sentiment inside especially with that touch of patterned paper. It is such a good one. I think I do need the present dies as they look so wondeful cut out of the PP contrasting with the woodgrain stamp. Fab job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...