Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Trio of Birthday Cards

Do you ever get great ideas for cards in strange places?  The other day I was driving my daughters home from school, and this card popped into my head.  Fortunately, they had lots of homework, so I could hide in my craft room and see if my idea would work on paper.  I ended up making three cards, because the patterned paper made it so easy to pick the colors.  They look very spring-like to me, which makes sense because the weather that day was very warm and sunny.

 Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush and Spring Moss



Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding and Spring Moss



Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart and Spring Moss 


Supplies Used (All PTI):
Stamps:  Butterfly Kisses, Polka Dot Basics
Paper:   White, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Spring Moss, Lavender Moon, Plum PUdding, Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Polka Dot Parade
Other:  Sunshine IP, Make a Wish Die, Half & Half Die, Clear EP



Thanks for Visiting

9 comments :

  1. love it! 3 very fun cards - and I don't know why, but I'm especially drawn to the purple one. I daydreamed about a certain card I'll be posting on friday (!), but I'm not sure yet if the final result worked out as well as these did ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are great, Joyce! I love how you die cut with patterned paper and then added texture with the impression plate! I`m glad to know I`m not the only one who plans out cards in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. Love the color combinations pf all three. I love that sunshine ip. I find when I sketch my cards ahead of time, it is easier. There are times I change from the original idea because I get a different perspective or another idea pops into my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you getting some kind of card making lessons ? These are amazing and I would keep making the same card too, if made them as good as yours. I love these Joyce! Off to order make a wish die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great, Joyce! Love all the colors and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card design Joyce and the colour combos are yummy, the last one has to be my personal fave :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun cards, Joyce! I love polka dots for birthdays! You are making want that IP and those gift dies! I never thought to just get the dies and use them without the stamps! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colour combos and patterns are really great. Such a fun variety of cards with the gift dies and Sunshine IP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. another card of yours to pin! All of the cards are just too sweet and the presents with the polka dots behind them, just so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...