Saturday, November 19, 2011

Chanukah Snowmen


I finally got a chance to play with my new snowman dies, and, wouldn't you know it, my coordinating stamp set decided to play hide and seek with me.  Fortunately, my good friend Cathy from Empty Nest Crafters was kind enough to loan me her set for a bit.  I don't have any stamping friends close by to hang out with, but having a generous friend who is 1 day away by USPS is the next best thing.

I decided to make a few Chanukah Snowmen (or Snowwomen) cards.  I have given each of them a Yiddish name, just for fun.

I am entering these cards into this week's Passion for Papertrey challenge, which is to make a card for the holidays using at least one Papertrey product.  My snow people and I would like to send wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy Chanukah to all our European Papertrey friends.


Moishe



Frayda



Gittel


Who do you like best?


Supplies Used (PTI)
Moishe 
Stamps:  Shape Up Snowman, Peace Be Still
Paper:  SU Night of Navy, White Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, Kraft
Other:  Dies:  Shape Up Snowman, Wonderful Words, In the Meadow

Frayda
Stamps:    Shape Up Snowman, Mazel Tov, Fancy Flourishes
Paper:  White, Scarlet Jewel, Autumn Rose, Sweet Blush, Kraft
Other:  Felt, Dies:  Shape Up Snowman, Angled Labels

Gittel
Stamps:    Shape Up Snowman, Mazel Tov, Fancy Flourishes
Paper:  White,Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, Kraft
Other:  Felt, Dies:  Shape Up Snowman, Double Sided Banner Border 


Thanks for Visiting

14 comments :

  1. so cute! I love the snowman holding the menorah! that stamp set is so small - I've lost it around my stamp "room" too (in quotes because it's a corner of an already overworked room, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great. If I had to pick one, Frayda would be my favorite. I love the softness of the sweet blush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all fabulously creative...
    but if I had to go with a favorite...
    Moishe.
    He looks so bright and happy...
    perfect colors with the white against darker brighter colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cards..love them all, but i think my fav is the one holding the menorah, Frayda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, I don't know what, but you have to enter these in some contest. These are the very best cards you have ever made. I love them, so creative, I bet no one has ever thought of this and how you named them and paired them with something to hold, so so good. Frayda is my favorite, love the gold embossing on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all very cute. I think my favorite is Gittle with the dreidel banner.Sorry to hear your stamps went missing. Glad Cathy was able to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce...your trio of snowmen are just too adorable. I love how you named each one and Moishe is my favorite. the colors are so perfect and the swirled background is just as beautiful as your snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too too adorable! I like Gittel best as that's my Jewish name ;) And that dreidel banner, Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce,
    Your snowmen are just darling. My favorite one is the Frayda. I love how you bent her arms to hold the menorah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each card kept getting better and better and I thought the first one was amazing. I love these cards Joyce , all of them. I think you should try and submit some of your cards to magazines . Oh , I love the bent arms too, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Cute Joyce! I love the one with menorah. Very original.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Frayda and Gittel !! But all your girls are lovely !!

    Margaret C

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh these cards are totally adorable!!! So very creative!
    Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just precious! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...