Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cards that Care: Part One

Last week, I stumbled across a blog hop for an great cause--collecting holiday cards for the elderly in nursing homes.  You can find out more about this card drive here.  I decided that this would be a fun challenge for me, as I have several Christmas and holiday stamp sets, but don't have a great personal need for a lot of holiday cards, since we do photo cards.  I could have the fun of making Christmas cards, knowing that they would be put to good use.

I have set a goal for myself to make at least 4 simple cards from all of my holiday sets, and to have each card be at least slightly different.  Here are the first two batches of cards.  

This set is made using Holiday Lights:










This set was inspired by this card, and it uses Peace be Still:



 



I hope to have another couple of sets in a few days.

 
Thanks for Visiting

6 comments :

  1. They are so Christmassy! Now you made me want the Holiday lights stamp set. I love them.Beautiful CAS cards, Joyce :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous CAS!!
    And Holiday Lights is perfect for a gorgeous CAS card...
    love it!
    And these are fabulous...
    they will be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn, Darn, Darn, I knew I should have gotten that Holiday Light set. Honestly, these are so pretty, they make great CAS cards and are so striking on the white cardstock. What a great cause Joyce. I bet there are going to be a lot of people who save these cards and look at them every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that holiday light set every time I see it. Never bought it because I still have uninked sets from last yr. It is on my wish list for Christmas 2012. You did a great job with your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce...just way too sweet! So happy that I finally decided to order this set, should be here tomorrow! I love all of what you did, so fun and festive.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...