Saturday, November 12, 2011

Make it Monday: Sending Birthday Wishes


I finally got a chance to watch this week's Make it Monday #40 video and to make a card using the reverse applique technique. 


I used my PTI Stars dies and some paper from Cosmo Cricket Social Club.  The PTI colors I used were Ocean Tides and Pinefeather.   I never would have thought of putting those colors together, but those are the colors that were in the patterned paper.  I think this is one of the few times I have ever used Pinefeather.  It is actually a very nice, deep green, and I think I'll try to work it into some Christmas cards.  I have no sewing abilities of any sort, so I opted for one of the choices suggested by Heather in her video, and just drew in stitches with my pen.  Truly, much safer for everyone that way.

Here is a peek at the inside of the card:



Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Sending You, Think Big Favorites, Verve Big Birthday
Paper:  Ocean Tides, Pinefeather, Fine Linen, Cosmo Cricket Social Club
Other:  Stars and Double Ended Banner Die, Ribbon, Button


Thanks for Visiting

10 comments :

  1. see? not so scary with a pen :)I really like how you balance the card with the bit of ribbon at the top, and the sentiment flag at the bottom - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, fabulous job with the stars die! I agree with Elena, great balance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce this is so cute. I really like your sentiment strip. I've never tried Ocean Tides with Pinefeather. Gotta take a look at that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with that pen! Looks just like real stitching, only better. Great idea to use the stars for this one and the colors you chose worked together so well. Really good one, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally love OT with PF...
    a fabulous color combo...
    especially for Christmas!
    And I try sewing...
    it never really works out so well...
    luckily I'm usually going for a messy, shappy chic look when I do it...;)
    so I rely on pens quite often and think you did a fabby job!
    Great card!
    And I can't believe you held my dream job...
    going to go wrap some gifts in just a bit...
    *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Love how the technique looks with the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joyce,
    love the color combo on this card. Very striking.
    Thanks for the lovely note on my blog. I added info and a link about the roses.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surprising and delightful color combo-I might have to give that a try. I love the Cosmo papers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you finally got around to watching the video & joining the challenge. You did a super job. I think faux stitching is the best when working with a lot of turns. Those stars look great with those papers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab design Joyce, love the papers you used behind the stars too :)
    I need to try this technique..trouble is PTI dies are not always single, annoys me that they come joined together!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...