Sunday, November 27, 2011

Crafting With My Niece


My sister and her family were just visiting us for Thanksgiving, and one day, my 17 year old niece said those magic words every crafter wants to hear:  "Aunt Joyce, can you teach me how to make a card?"  Well, I didn't need to hear anything more than that.  We were off to the races.  We had such a good time together.  She is a quick study, a crafty gal, and super neat.  I told her I would post her creations for all my friends to see.

Here is her first card:


She made this card and matching bookmark for a friend whose birthday is around the holidays:

 This one is perfect for her friend who loves shopping and purses:



She wouldn't tell me who this one is for.....



She made a bookmark for her mom:

And, another one for herself:

Her last card is my favorite.  She made it all by herself, while I was in the kitchen, getting things ready for dinner.  She based it on a card I had made earlier, which was a version of this card by Euna.  I'll be casing this one for sure:


She and her family left this morning, and my craft room seems especially quiet.  I sure hope she comes to visit again soon.


Thanks for Visiting

14 comments :

  1. She's a star in the making! And what a great teacher you are, to have banged out a marathon session! I'm always sweating after 1 card with my kids - I can't wait until they're a bit older :). and btw, I had to giggle when I read that she wouldn't tell you who the love card is going to - oy! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun!! these all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky. You know how much I wish I had someone to make cards with. Tell her I love them all, but like you, the last one is my favorite and she has a very good eye for design! Must run in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...everything your niece made is just incredible. What a treat to be able to create with her and they are all just beautiful. Love the Valentine's Day bookmark, what a great gift. I may have to case this one for my kids at school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She did a great job on all of them! You are so lucky to have a niece that likes to craft. Neither my daughter or niece have any interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your niece is definitely a quick study. Everything she made was beautiful. You can tell the bookmark she made for her mom was was full of love. The hearts were so strategically placed. Now you know what to give her the next time you need to give her a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all fabulous cards and bookmarks! I wish I could've created something like these when I was only 17 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh , how fun! Its nice when they are a little older like your niece. Her cards are just ADORABLE! She must of have had a blast with all your stash. Sounds like you had a nice time, Im sure she did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! She did an amazing job on her "projects". Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my golly! These are wonderful projects. I can see that the talent for magnificent crafting runs in the family. My favorite are those darling gingerbread men. So preciously hand colored. So special!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow your niece is quite the little crafter! So cute! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog... and I am so excited about that win. I already ordered up Stitches and Swirls. Loved that set and couldnt afford it this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! U can tell slot of thought was put into all of these cards. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a blessing you are to your niece! She did an AMAZING job...and so did you in coaching!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joyce your neice did a fabulous job on her cards, she is so lucky to havae you teach her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...