Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas Tree Bling





I found a beautiful Hero Arts Christmas tree stamp at Michaels the other day, on sale for only $5.99.  Since I don't have any Christmas tree stamps, and I am trying to make lots of CAS cards for Cards that Care, I just had to bring this stamp home.  I love it when I can indulge myself, and pretend I am just doing a good deed.  I am going to enter these cards into the Hero Arts November Challenge to 'bling it up'. 


I used Colorbox Evergreen ink and clear embossing powder on the tree.  It's hard to see in the picture, but the sentiment, from Wreath for all Seasons is stamped in black.  I used red jelly dots on the tree for the bling.

This one is the same idea, but I used blue ink for the tree and clear jelly dots for the bling.


Scarlet Jewel paper with gold embossed tree.



SU Navy paper, silver embossing for the tree and sentiment, and a bit of silver shimmer paper for the trim.


Thanks for Visiting

12 comments :

  1. beautiful cards! the first one is stunning - it's hard to make a single-layer card look so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these cards Joyce! I cannot even choose a favorite. Love that tree stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards for a great cause!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joyce , thanks for the lovely comments on my cards - I just wanted you to know that the little bird on the Silhouette Sympathy was part of the Through the Trees set, so don't go off trying to find one !! Save your pennies for something else ;P !!
    Margaret C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this stamp certainly does CAS no problem! I love the colourways you chose but the first is my fave...I'm a traditional Christmas colour gal at heart ;)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce...Very stunning! The elderly folks how recieve these cards will be so happy that you took the time to make these beautiful cards. What a wonderful gift of your time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Joyce!
    These are all so beautiful. It would be hard to chose a favorite. I do love the gold embossing on the scarlet, but then the blue & silver is so elegant. The simplicity of the first couple of cards is stunning. You outdid yourself this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa, now that is a lot of cards and every one just a little bit different than the one before it. I would have to say I love the silver embossed tree the best, I just love silver for holiday cards. I especially like the borders on that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all great! I especially like the first one though. They will love them. What a great thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the simplicity and bling of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh that is really putting that filigree tree by HA to great use. You have been crafting your heart out. Love that! It's a really classic and classy tree. I love all your wonderful takes on it. So very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful ,elegant Christmas tree! I think the first one is my most favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...