Wednesday, July 4, 2012

HB2U


Happy Fourth of July everyone.  It seems as though it is warm and sunny everywhere except where I live today.  We had a bit of drizzle this morning, and now it is overcast and a bit chilly.  Perfect weather for hitting a movie and crafting, but not what I expected for July Fourth in Southern California.

I have two cards today for a couple of challenges.  The design is cased from this card by Laura Bassen of Doublestick Heaven. 



I used Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Spring Rain and Enchanted Evening in my first card for this week's ColourQ #144 challenge.   I used one of the images in my new Lawn Fawn Belinda's Borders set to create my tiny chevron pattern.  I would also like to thank the kind judges from ColourQ for selecting this card last week as a ColourQ Courtier.

ColourQ



This next card is for this week's Make it Monday #73:  Stamping on Patterned Paper.  I stamped a variety of images from some of the different Flower Fusion sets in Kraft, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, and Ripe Avocado onto one of the sheets from Father Knows Best.

Make it Monday


Here is a close-up, which shows the patterned paper better.




I will be sending these cards off  St. Luke's, as their challenge this month is cards for teenagers, and my 14 year old assured me that these cards are cool enough for any teen.



Supplies Used:
ColourQ
Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Belinda's Borders
Paper:  White, Enchanted Evening, Berry Sorbet
Ink:   Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening
Other:  PTI Alphabet and Numbers dies

Make it Monday
Stamps:  Flower Fusions, Sending You, Hero Arts Envelope
Paper:  Father Knows Best, Vintage Cream, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy
Ink:  Kraft, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, Fine Linen
Other:  PTI Alphabet and Numbers dies


Thanks for Visiting

20 comments :

  1. Those are both cute Joyce...love the HB2U part! You did a great job stamping those chevrons and I love the FF flowers in different colors stamped on patterned paper. Very pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are having Ontario weather and we are having California weather. Both amazing cards Joyce, you did an excellent CASE. I think your HB2Us are so fun and I love how you used your new LF stamp. You did an amazing job on your MIM, thanks for the close up shot. Happy 4th my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great!! Happy 4th! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both fantastic!!
    Love those bitty chevrons!
    And I tried this color combo...
    it has navy!! :)
    And love the stamping on the patterned paper...
    it's perfect!
    Happy 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th of July to you! Both are fabulous cards, love how you did your birthday sentiment on the fronts of the card, so clever and fun. Your new border stamp is fabulous and you really did a great job showcasing it on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree these will be perfect for teens. Beautiful work. Love the stamping on the printed paper . Happy 4th .We had sun but cool temps, loved it. So sweet to send these cards off. I have to get my but in gear and do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, Joyce, hope you had a great 4th. thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh, I love the 2 variations of that same layout! Completely different, yet both such great cards! The first one is perfect for a birthday close to the 4th, which I am currently needing, so I just may have to make a vaiation of this! Hope you have a Happy 4th! Chilly weather sounds dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! I love the chevron pattern on the colourQ one! Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! Love the chevrons! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great cards that are perfect for teenagers. Wish we would get some chilly weather. Have 95+ weater for 7 straight days & counting is getting to be a bit awful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. really cute - i love when you can take a basic design and change it up with different stamps and come up with a bunch of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards--I especially love the tiny chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two lovely cards and great for our challenge over at St Lukes...thanks for joining in this month

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these cards, perfectly unisex designs for teens....love the text style sentiment :0)
    We appreciate your continued support at St Luke's :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Indeed, Joyce, teens (or ANYONE) would love these cards. Very cool! Love the design, colors, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with your teen - these are just super for teens!! Love the chevrons and graphic text! Great work. Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. AWESOME~NESS!!! LOVE the layout of your cards!!! So happy to see you play with us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great take on our teenage challenge - such a useful design for boys and girls when you change the pattern and colour.
    Thanks for joining us at St Luke's this month :-D
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two fab teen cards. Thanks for joining us at St Lukes.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...