Wednesday, June 27, 2012

ColourQ Birthday Cards



I started playing with this week's ColourQ colors, and found them to be such fun.  I made a trio of birthday cards with these colors.  As I am on a bit of a casing-kick, each of my cards was inspired by another talented crafter.

This first card was inspired by one of Maile's cards during this month's release festivities.


Celebrate


I loved the layout of Deanna's card this week, and decided to use that for this next card.

Hexagon Birthday


Finally, I spotted a sweet owl card the other day at Wading in Creativity, and decided to make a similar card using Wise Owl.

Owl Birthday







Supplies Used (PTI):

Ink:  Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky, Harvest Gold, Amuse Slate

Celebrate
Stamps:  Heart 2 Heart, Think Big
Paper:  White
Other:  Heart 2 Heart Die

Hexagon Birthday
Stamps:  Happy Hexagon, Think Big
Paper:  White, Harvest Gold
Other:  Hexagon Cover Plate, Sunrise IP

Owl Birthday
Stamps:  Wise Owl, Heart 2 Heart, 2011 Birthday Tags, Hero Arts Life of Party Words
Paper:   White, Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy, Men of Life
Other:  Heart 2 Heart Die, Double Ended Banner Die, Twine


Thanks for Visiting



15 comments :

  1. These are all seriously cute! I love the banners, LOVE the hexies and your party words background you created is so fun. Great submission for colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should try using ColourQ sometime, and I also need to get playing with my new hexagon goodies. You're created three lovely cards, and each one so very different…except for the colors. Great job, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on all three cards. I like the colors this week also. Love the background of your owl card. That one is just too cute with the balloons. Love the banner one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your cards, Joyce, but I love the birthday card with the words as a background and the owl, so cute! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such happy colors to work with this week. Just love all your awesome cards! Great job with the banners & the hexagons but my favorite is your adorable owl card! Such a fun background and those balloons are so much fun!! BTW, have you seen the new Memory Box owl die??? I thought of you when I saw it--he looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There you go again, going nuts with the hexagons--I love it! These cards are all so wonderful, I can't decide on a favorite. I love the CAS approach and these colors are just perfect for all of the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards!! I love them all. So glad you joined us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a great set of birthday cards! I love how you used the hexagons and of course that sweet owl holding the balloons! The owl and balloons work perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce, all three of your cards are just too darn cute! The colors are fabulous and your design is just so fun~ that little owl is so adorable holding those balloons. I think my favorite one is Celebrate, just so fun and festive. Great job on all of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh!! I love all of these!! I can't decide which one I love best they are all so great! Great job on the challenge. Me? I can't even come up with one card even after thinking about it all week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joyce these are all great! I'm glad I was able to inspire you:) Love what you did with the layout. I have got to ink up my hexagon set. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ. You rocked this week colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all 3 cards! Thanks for the shout out and the comment on my blog. I'm glad my owl card inspired you. I love your hexi card too.
    http://wadingincreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you were on a roll---all of these are fabulous! I don't know which one I like best! I am partial to those little banners, though! Thanks for playing with us this week at the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being one of the Courtier's this week for ColourQ, I knew this card was a winner...how fun that you, Marybeth, Tracey and I were named Courtier's this week, the planets must have been in alignment. I am so grateful to be in your company!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...