Saturday, July 14, 2012

More Cards for My Campers



The house is so very quiet, with both daughters gone--one at lacrosse camp, and one at Comic-Con.  Gone, but not forgotten, as I have taken advantage of this quiet time to make some cards for them to open while at camp.  

This first card will go to my oldest when she is at camp in Malibu later this summer (rough life, that one).   I was sitting at Starbucks yesterday, fiddling with my coffee stirrer, while reading about this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge, and I had an idea.  I made a little dock for her flip flops out of strips of wood (coffee stirrers).


Flip Flops

I am also entering this card into this week's Passion for Papertrey:  Anything Goes challenge, as well as Amy's July Paper Dolls challenge to use Focal Point Impressions.


If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, I won't have to tell you who this next card is for.  We will pick Sarah up from lacrosse camp tomorrow,  feed her some lunch, and then drive across town to deposit her at volleyball camp.  I got an idea of how much she appreciates my cards while we were packing her up the other day.  She reminded me at least 5 times not to forget to pack her cards, and to please label them so she knew which card to open on which day.  So, I think that warrants a daily card, don't you?

Hey There

This card is based on this week's Retro Sketches #20.


Supplies Used (PTI):
Flip Flops
Stamps:  Flipping Out
Paper:  Spring Rain, White
Other:  Flipping Out Dies, pearls, Coffee Stirrers, Sunshine IP
Ink:  Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky

Hey There
Stamps:  Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Paper:  Kraft, Ocean Tides, Lilybee Handmade, White, True Black
Other:  Memory Box Clever Owl Die, Striped IP
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black


Thanks for Visiting

20 comments :

  1. That flip flop card is adorable. Love the creativity of the dock!
    It must make you happy knowing your daughter appreciates your cards. Makes them all worth while.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just the sweeties thing that Sarah reminded you to pack her cards…. love that! Wow love your idea with the coffee stirs what a great dock. You are so creative Joyce. Enjoy your quite time. I will have a week alone when my husband goes to his Canada fishing trip…!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Joyce, the strips of wood for the dock are really clever and that IP is perfect for water...fab cards :0)
    Thanks for linking up to CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joyce! WOW - both these cards are fabulous! Love the "boardwalk" the flip flops are on and you owl is so sweet! Thank you so much for using this week's RetroSketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that boardwalk!!
    Do you think they'll arrest me if I snag a handful or two of the coffestirrers the next time I'm in Starbuck's?
    *giggle*
    Such a fabby fun card!!
    And I want to go to Comic Con...
    I'm so jealous!!
    Haley would have thought she had died and went to heaven!
    And how adorable?
    That she reminds you about her cards...
    too sweet!
    Fabulous cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, aren't you clever! Love your boardwalk!! Fantastic way to showcase those cute flip flops. And how sweet that your daughter checks to be sure she has a card for each day. Love your owl card too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce I adore both of these cards, but using the stir sticks to create a dock is just genius! Love that Paper Smooches sentiment, great job on your RetroSketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are just so adorable...love that "dock" just so clever but I can't stand the feel of that unfinished wood that is used for those stir sticks (have a funny story about them too but it is too long to write in your comment section). You are just so smart to take one thing and turn it into another.
    You are just about the sweetest mom, to make cards to pack away for Sarah for each day and that owl is the sweetest thing ever! So beautiful in all that patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards for your daughters Joyce, I love the coffee stirrers as decking, such a great idea! I'll have to nip into my local Starbucks for some of those! I love the sweet little flip flops too, and the embossed background is perfect for the sea. Love the little owl too, you're very organised getting all these cards ready for your daughters trips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards Joyce!! What a great idea for the coffee sticks!! The board walk is so cute with the flip flops!! I hope your daughters had a wonderful their camps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your "dock" is so cute! Very clever use of the coffee stirrers, and the circle impression is perfect for water. What a darling patterned owl, too! You are so sweet to pack cards for your daughters while they're away, and how sweet that they appreciate them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great sketch- and very cute cards.
    Love them flip flops

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, the flip flop card is a stroke of genius!!! I love the wooden dock you made, and the impression plate giving the watery effect! Cute, cute card. And the other one is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the dock and the rippling water effect given by the IP. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How much fun is that flip flop card?! And how clever of you to use the wooden stir sticks! Also it must have made you feel sooo good that your other daughter appreciates your cards so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are sooo cute ~ especially love the flip flop card ~ so very creative to make a dock from the coffee stirrers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your dock is genius and that impression plate makes fabulous water! Love the sweet owl on the card for your daughter too. It's such an awesome idea for her to have while she's at camp. My mom wrote to me almost every day while I was at camp and it meant the world o me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards! That flip flop one is adorable! Love how you used the natural color strips under the bright red flip flops :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooooh, just now saw this one! You made a dock ... whaaaat?!? It looks fantastic! And I love how you used the circle impressions to look like little drops had all just hit the water. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...