Monday, July 16, 2012

Four of a Kind #11





It's my favorite time of the month again--Four of a Kind posting time.  I think most of my readers know what is about to happen, but if you are new, please click here to get the scoop.  This month, I am our hostess, and that means jitters as I first fretted about what set to feature, more jitters as I considered what goodies to include in the kit, and then pins and needles as I wondered what everyone would do with my kit.  But all of that in a good way, as it is super fun to host, and as soon as I send out my kit, I am thinking of what to make for my next kit.

The biggest request from my partners in crime is always to send some bits that would be self-assembling.  I do try, and I give my ingredients strict instructions before they leave my house, but then, fate must take over.  This month, I chose to feature In Bloom, which is one of my earliest PTI purchases from about 2 years ago.  I sent a color scheme of Raspberry Fizz, Smokey Shadow, and Simply Chartreuse.

Here is a picture of what I sent out:



I can't wait to see what everyone did with their kits.  Here are my cards:















Here is what the card looks like with the slider open:



Well, that's it for me.  I have lots of leftovers from my own kit.   They will be used in the future, I'm sure, because I know I will be seeing projects today that I will want to CASE.   Speaking of CASE-ing, here is a fun little link.  I have been keeping a pinboard of every single Four-of-a-Kind project any of us has ever done.  So, stay tuned--in the future, you may see some of these projects again.


The other three members of Four-of-a-Kind are:
Cathy Weber:  Empty Nest Crafter
Kim Heggins:  Cupcakes, Cards and Kim
Renee Lynch:  It's a Patchwork Life

Please stop by their blogs, if you haven't been there already, and see what they have created for their July Four-of-a-Kind projects.  
Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Featuring:  In Bloom;  With a little help from:  Pretty Peonies, Wonderful Words Additions, Mixed Messages, Movers and Shakers
Paper:  White, Raspberry Fizz, Smokey Shadow, Simply Chartreuse (solids and pattern pack), In Bloom, Vellum
Dies:  In Bloom, Pretty Peonies, Movers & Shakers, Wonderful Words, Tiny Tags
Other:  In Bloom Impression Plate, White Filigree Embossing Powder, PTI Buttons, PTI Ribbon, Ribbon Carousel Ribbon and Seam Binding, Michaels Pearls
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaColor Opera Pink, Amuse Slate, PTI Simply Chartreuse and Ripe Avocado, VersaMark



 Thanks for Visiting

17 comments :

  1. Joyce, I love the colors you chose for your kit. I love the lines on the first one and the white IP background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great kit! Love the colors. You're cards are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce what an incredible kit you put together. Love the colours you chose and love the In Bloom line. Your cards are all just gorgeous, I really like your interactive card. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce,
    You outdid yourself. Love all the cards you made. So difficult to pick out a favorite. Looking forward to seeing what the others make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! I love how very different each cards is, the forever word turned on it's side was a really good choice...wish I had thought of that one! I also really love your slider card and the way you used the white ribbon with the button. That was such a neat way to add the ribbon, perfect for that type of ruffly ribbon. You sent a beautiful kit this month and I had such fun working with it while I was in Montana on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a great kit Joyce! I love that impression plate. Wow you did an amazing job on all of your cards. I have to say that second one is my very favoriate… so elegant and gorgeous!The B&W one is also very elegant, and I love the embossed vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Joyce! These are all sooo gorgeous. I think my favorite is the one with "forever", but it's hard to play favorites with these. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're all fabulous...
    but love that forever one!!
    Love the embossing...
    so simple and elegant!
    This was such a fun kit...
    loved the colors and all the goodies...
    but you must have been cutting and embossing till you felt like your arm was going to fall off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your cards came out great! The second is my favorite. I particularly like how you used the striped paper for the leaves. The colors in this kit are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce, as you could see from my post I completely forgot the picture of the kit, I will go back and add that once I leave a few comments.
    I have to say when I first opened my kit I was a bit afraid of the flowers but I can see why you love them so much, you are a natural with them. I could not figure out how to use the velum embossed piece and now I have a few ideas, thanks. My sentiments was ruined when I spilled my iced tea, but I love the large piece and so happy I have left overs. I love your card where you used "forever", very clever and classy too. All of your cards a fabulous, thank you again for a wonderful kit, even if Cathy was the lucky one this month with the self assembling cards. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great kit this month, Joyce--love the colors! All your cards are fabulous! Love the 'Forever' design and the stripes & vellum on your second card. I don't have the stamp set but I do have the IP and the patterned paper. You've given me some wonderful CASE ideas. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joyce these are amazing. I have this set and it doesn't get much love. Thanks for the inspiration. Great kit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a collection. You have created such a clever, variety pack get of goodies. All fabulous! Genius actually.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think In Bloom is my favourite PTI set and I love what you've done with it here. Your cards are all gorgeous but I think the first one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an amazing kit, Joyce, and your cards are fabulous! I especially love the delicate impression on the first one, the touches of vellum on the next two, and the elegant black, white, and gray on the "enjoy" card. Beautifully done this month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, wow, Joyce. Wow!
    These are all stunning! Now I'm sorry I sold my in bloom stamps & IP....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...