Saturday, February 6, 2021

Crafty Round Up...Lots of Love

 


All week, I've been stealing moments here and there, and have managed to make a large number of cards this week...most, but not all, of them related to the themes of love, valentines and hearts...which seem to be the predominant challenges right now.

To start off, this card was inspired by the sketch at Inky Paws #141.  I die cut a heart shaped window and stamped Newton dressed as the Statue of Liberty right in the middle of the window.  I added a couple of other images from the same stamp set, and used a sentiment that is so very true!  I can't wait for Covid to be done, so I can go to New York for fun.

I am also entering this card at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Love and/or Heart, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Love is in the Air, Inkspirational #232: Hearts, and Use Your Stuff #415: Hearts.










Next up is a card that requires no sentiment--but it is obvious what this doggie is saying.  I used the Pawsome Heart stencil from Funky Fossil, added a dog from MFT Woof Pack and some speech bubble hearts from MFT Love Speech Bubbles.  I think this might be Sherlock's Valentine to his 'sisters'.

I am entering this card at CAS on Friday #198: Love, Happy Little Stampers February Stencil Challenge: Anything Goes, Happy Little Stampers February CAS Challenge: Love is in the Air, Just Us Girls #570: Valentine, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Love and/or Heart, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Love is in the Air, Inkspirational #232: Hearts, Use Your Stuff #415: Hearts, and Shopping Our Stash #438: Love is in the Air.








And...another Valentine's Day card.  My initial inspiration for this card was the color scheme at Color Hues #11: Red & Pink.  I thought it would be a struggle to put red with pink, but as I played along, a couple of ideas came to fruition.  Here is the first...

I used the MFT Staggered Hearts Border die, and cut it 5 times to cover an entire card front.  Then I took an assortment of additional hearts in red and pink, and scattered them about.  If you look closely, you can see that I put 3 red gem stones on 3 of the red hearts.

I am also entering this card at Happy Little Stampers February CAS Challenge: Love is in the Air, Just Us Girls #570: Valentine, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Love and/or Heart, and Inkspirational #232: Hearts.







Here is another take on the Color Hues #11: Red & Pink color scheme.  I used a liberal interpretation of the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches #471 and because the three die cuts that make up this heart form an intricate pattern, I am also entering this card at Addicted to CAS #190: Pattern. 

I am also entering this card at  Just Us Girls #570: Valentine and Inkspirational #232: Hearts.







I am such a sucker for any and all mouse stamps.  I think it's because we had rats before we got our dog, so I pretend the mice are just very cute rats.  I recently bought Secret Admirer from Waffle Flower, and just started playing around with these adorable mice.  I ended up with 4 more valentines cards.

When I saw the photo at The Card Concept #148: Sweetheart Sweets, I was inspired to create this next card.  What do you think a cute mouse would give as a Valentines gift?  Chocolates in a heart shaped box, of course.  I was inspired by the chocolate and the pink in the inspiration photo.  My card style is Clean and Simple.  I am also entering this at Less is More #436: Chocolate.  Also, HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY to Less is More!!  Let's celebrate with Chocolate.








Here are a few more cards I made with those sweet mice from Waffle Flower.  I am also entering these cards at Happy Little Stampers February CAS Challenge: Love is in the Air, Just Us Girls #570: Valentine, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Love and/or Heart, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Love is in the Air, Inkspirational #232: Hearts, Use Your Stuff #415: Hearts, Shopping Our Stash #438: Love is in the Air and WWC #307: Anything Goes with a Feminine Twist.




I created a background on this card using the Falling Hearts Stencil, so I am also entering it at Happy Little Stampers February Stencil Challenge: Anything Goes.





Now, for a complete switch of gears, my last card is a wintery birthday card, inspired by the sketch at MFT Sketch #527, Festive Friday #77: International Polar Bear Day (bears, blue, ice, sentiment) and Addicted to Stamps and More #398: Birthdays.







Well, that was kind of exhausting.  Now, to put some of those valentines in the mail....


Thanks for Visiting















49 comments :

  1. Wow Joyce... so many beautiful cards with hearts! I love your creativity with different textures and clean designs. The heart frame cut-out looks fab in different designs. Thanks so much for linking up at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your CAS presentation of the New York elements makes for a fabulous card! Fun interpretation of the Inky Paws sketch! Thrilled to have you join us!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing bunch of cards Joyce!
    I think that your little mice are simply the cutest, I can see why you have such a soft spot for them! Fabulous CAS cards!
    Chrissie x Creator/ GD Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous array of awesome Valentine cards! I absolutely LOVE your heart card for our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! SO many wonderful cards, Joyce!! Such clever designs! I love those cute little mice chatting on the phone!! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week! Stay safe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! A bumper set of cards! Thanks for playing along with our 10th birthday celebrations at Less is More. Your mice are so cute!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always so much eye candy. I love the telephoning mice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You’ve been so busy
    Your LIM card is perfect for the theme this week
    Just super
    Mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your CAS presentation of the New York elements makes for a fabulous card! Fun interpretation of the Inky Paws sketch! Thrilled to have you join us!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great collection of valentines! I LOVE the die cut hearts made with the border die---the white on white with the red and pink hearts on top! The next one is also gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues Challenge! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful selection of love and friendship cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. You did a bunch of very lovely cards! Great CAS design. Thanks for playing with Happy Little Stampers Challenges with your love card.
    Ma-Mi, DT HLS CAS

    ReplyDelete
  14. a great lot of cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here you are once again with more eye candy than some of us can even do in a months time. YOur puppy valentine is so darling! Love the heart paw prints. Then your card for Color Hues with the white on white with a pop of red and pink is such a great design. Last but certainly not least, your stacked dies in the form of a heart is beautiful. Always a pleasure to have you in our gallery at Just Us Girls and Color Hues. Take care and slow down so the rest of us can keep up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cards, Joyce! I love the stenciling on your Festive Friday card. The red cup and pole really "pop". I am so glad you played with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I had your mojo, that’s for sure. Your post is filled with clean and simple cuteness. I love all the rats (I only love them in the imaginary world of card making though). And I was also especially drawn towards the pink and red version with lots of hearts, the textured finish looks great. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great bunch of valentines, Joyce. I'm glad you decided to share them with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great collection of cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much Valentine inspiration on this post - I am still working on a few, so will be back to look again! And of course I love your polar bear card. Let's see if I can get them all - thanks for joining us at Inkspirational, Addicted to Stamps and More, Happy Little Stampers and Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an awesome collections of cards. Gald I'm not the only one who gets a massive mojo hit on one go! Love those little mice. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  22. To say you're prolific would be an understatement - you put me to shame! Your intricate patterned pink and red heart is very nice. Thank you for entering it into our ATCAS "Pattern" Challenge! Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness! So many pretty cards! So glad to see one of them over at Color Hues Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry, I see two cards now! Now I am twice as happy (❁´◡`❁)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful collection of cards! I love them all! Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's always fun popping by and seeing all the eye candy you create! I adore that paw print heart card -- its so cute! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  27. AND, thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil challenge with this awesome paw heart!

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! So many gorgeous cards, Joyce! Love them all. Thanks for sharing with us over at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Joyce:
    Your cards are SO much fun. I don't think I've been by your blog since the 25 Days of Tags, and I need to stop by more often. You have so many cute ideas to share. I'd LOVE to have you stop by and play along with us at Word Art Wednesday when you can. I've been blessed with so many AWESOME sponsors, which means FAB prizes. I'd love to have you play along when you can.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - challenge blog
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great card! Newton is so cute dressed up like the Statue of Liberty! I love how you added other stamps from the set. Just such a cute idea! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow...so much adorable cuteness going on here!!!! Love each and everyone of your sweet creations, those mice absolultey steal the show!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG ! What a tremendous array of cuteness in here ! We go from an Ohhh to an Ahhh from one card to another. They are all beautiful and with gorgeous CAS designs as we like them ! I especially love these adorable mice and their heart shape chocolate cookie. Thanks so much for sharing all these beauties and for playing along at Less is More and ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What an awesome bunch of creativity and fun, Joyce. Those tiny mice are the cutest! I love all of the different ways you used them!! Now I am going to have to buy them... It's so wonderful to see you at Less Is More and Festive Friday. Love the chocolate sharing and that adorable polar bear. Thanks for sharing your wonderful cards in both challenges. I am off to shop now!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! Joyce! What an amazing set of cards! Some are cute, others are fun but all of them are absolutely gorgeous and I love each and everyone of them. A huge thanks for all your wonderful takes on this week's Just Us Girls challenge. And thanks for joining us at Fresly Made Sketches too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your fun polar bear card, Joyce! I love the little scene you created and, of course, the pink spotty jumper. I think that bear always looks surprised lol and it makes me smile. What a wonderful collection of cards you created too.
    Hope you are well. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your CAS version of Newton loves New York. WHAT a awesome idea. Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge.
    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  37. So many great cards! I really love the paws in the heart-shape and all the shine effects on this doggy card. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  38. You are such a talented paper crafter, Joyce...it's always fun to visit your blog, especially when you have a collection of cards to share with us! I love the pattern you created inside the heart and how you stamped the sentiment along the side...so clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such a beautiful assortment of cards, Joyce! It's impossible to choose a favorite, but I love the textures of the pink red and white die cut hearts on the Valentine. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! What a fantastic array of Valentine's Day cards! So many awesome designs. Thanks for joining in at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  41. A fantastic collection of cards - love them all!

    Thanks for joining us at the Use Your Stuff Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Another great selection of cards. I love the cute bear on your card you have entered into our challenge at Festive Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  43. You have been busy and these cards are gorgeous. I love the layered die cut forming the patterned heart. I like how you curved the sentiment to match the edge of the heart. That clean and simple card is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  44. LOVE your polar bear card for Festive Friday. Just adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday. (PS - I bought the mice!)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hello my friend! Congratulations. Once again your project was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. As a reminder, you can hop over to the challenge to grab your winners badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  46. INCREDIBLE creations Joyce! I love the way you framed the scene for your first card; thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

    ReplyDelete
  47. The card with the dog is so sweet. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow what a wonderful collection of cards! Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...