Friday, July 13, 2012

Sending You Sunshine





I am so pleased to be able to play along with the very first challenge for a new challenge blog, CASology, that I know is going to become a favorite of mine.  My friend and talented crafter, Tracy, is one of the Design Team members, and I am so excited for her and all the other gals launching this blog.  The idea is to make a clean and simple card based on the single word prompt.

This week's word, SUN, was the perfect trigger to get me to break out my new Hello Sunshine stamp set.  I made two cards, very different, but both intended to allow me to send a little of my beautiful San Diego sunshine to my out of town friends.

I've been trying to use more of the patterned papers I buy, so I cut sun rays from  my new Lilybee Handmade pad for this first card.  I based this card on one of Maile's cards I saw during the release.


Patterned Paper

This next card is also for this week's CR84FN challenge #58, to use yellow and red.  Lots of stamping on this card.




Stamped


Supplies Used (PTI):
Patterned Paper
Stamps:  Hello Sunshine, Tag-its,  Dot Spot
Paper:  White, Lilybee Handmade
Other:  Hello Sunshine, Limitless Layers Circles Dies
Ink:  Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy

Stamped
Stamps:  Hello Sunshine
Paper:  White, Harvest Gold
Ink:  Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy


Thanks for Visiting

18 comments :

  1. Both these cards are so cool and creative! I especially enjoy the patterns in the first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Joyce, I just got my hands on this stamps set this week, I can't wait to use it! We really need the sun here!
    I love the alternating rays in the challenge colours, a fab design, and so happy!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84Fn this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. Especially liking the papers in the first card and could definately do with sharing some of your sunshine in England at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards - I do like the stamped sunshine rays! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these cards - your use of dp and that dotty sun is fun and the use of rays in the second is just too cool! Thanks for playing along with CASology in our first week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cheery cards Joyce! Great idea to pair the dot spot stamp with the sun rays:). I need to go through my papers and try your technique!

    Have a great weekend Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce, I really like them both, but I LOVE the first one! All those sweet patterned papers making up the sun rays are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun cheerful cards Joyce! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. both cards are absolutely amazing!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how wonderful these cards are! You've taken a different approach to the challenges and they paid off--such bright and cheerful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome use of those patterned papers! And I adore the way you stamped the Dot Spot on a pinked circle for the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joyce I love both of your cards. The die cut sun rays from patterned paper is brilliant and the stamped sun rays on the second card are fantastic. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun, cheerful cards, Joyce! Love the pretty DP on the first and the dotted rays are fabulous on the second! Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joyce, both of these cards are just amazing! The colors are so bright and vivid, just like on a sunny day! Your sun on the first card is so clever and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous way to use your pattern papers Joyce! I love the patterns you chose and it's so simple! Another reason I **need** those sunshine dies! (still can't believe I didn't order ANY of the sunshine stuff last month)

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're both fabulous...
    but I'm just really loving that paper sun...
    love the papers!! :)
    Maybe I should break out my dies and use (sacrifice?) some of those 6723 patterned papers I've got stashed away because I love them so much I never want to use and run out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm really going to have to get that stamp set now! I love the layout on the second card and those Lily Bee papers just scream summer! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Joyce, BOTH are FAB but I really LOVE your CR84FN card! Those bright rays bring such sweet sunshine to the recipient! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...