Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Make it Monday: It's Your Day



This week's Make it Monday #65 is a really great tutorial by Dawn about combining and mixing patterned papers.  As I love to buy and collect patterned paper, I especially appreciated this lesson on how to use it all.


I have a box with all my PTI patterned paper scraps, that I plan to organize one day.  For this card, I just pulled out papers and started arranging them until I felt I had a mix that looked right and adhered to some of the principles Dawn mentioned about scale and busyness.   I also wanted to use my new Framed Out set.  I ended up with a card that I think will work well as either a Father's Day card or a masculine birthday card, depending on what I stamp on the inside.

It was really fun working with all these patterns.  If time allows, I will try this technique again, next time aiming for a different look.


Supplies Used (PTI):
Stamps:  Framed Out #3
Paper:  Rustic White, Chocolate Remis, Fall prints, Distressed Dots, Argyle Socks, Pacific Vineyard
Other:  Framed out die


Thanks for Visiting

21 comments :

  1. Perfect Father's Day card! Love the colors in this one and all the printed papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card for Father's Day Joyce. I love the masculine patterned papers and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce,just too cute and what a fabulous use your patterned paper scraps! It really makes the perfect card for Father's Day too. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome masculine card! Great use of paper scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, what a great card using up all the scraps. They start to get out of control after a while so it's nice to make cards like this every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the green and brown. I agree, it would be a great masculine birthday or a good Father's Day card. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The green and browns look great together. Nice balance Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job with this weeks MIM challenge, Joyce! I know, her video was so helpful, I really enjoyed it, too! I am hoping to get some time to participate this week! Your card is a huge inspiration! I love how you worked in the stamped strips, too and great use for Framed Out #3!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job mixing patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce - I love how you mixed and matched the patterns. Clever idea - this would be a great way to use up some scraps too - seems I hang on to every last shred always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should use your patterned paper more often, this is so pretty and a great combination of different patterns. you are so right, could be either Father's Day or birthday. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SUCH a great take on this week's challenge! I'm so glad you got to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, Joyce! I lovey your mix of patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Green..my favorite color. Great card Joyce. Love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This turned out great Joyce! The kraft and green play so well together:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to check out that video and start working through my patterned paper stash! Love how you used the technique here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great take on the challenge. Love your choice of pattern papers. Definitely a great masculine card. the frame is cute with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card Joyce! I love the green and kraft together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It turned out fabulous!!
    I think this is a perfect man card...
    for any occasion!! :)
    I'm going to have to watch this video...
    but this week is so busy...
    can you tell how behind I am?

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your male card the colours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love those warm, rich colors and patterns all together, Joyce. Beautifully done. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...