Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happy Mother's Day



I found some time to get crafty today, and was able to make two Mother's Day cards.  I am entering both of them into this week's CAS-ual Fridays CFC50: April Showers Bring May Flowers. 

My first card ATTEMPTS to use the techniques explained by Nicole in this week's Make it Monday #64:  Using Color Inspiration.   I am happy with the way this card looks, but please do not look too closely to find three instances of each color.  I think I flunked that part.  Here is the beautiful color inspiration I chose to work with.


Pretty Peonies

I was very happy to pull out my brand new Pretty Peonies set as well as some Winter Wisteria ink for this card.  I don't think my mom will realize that there are only 2 instances of Plum Pudding, do you?

For this next card, I was inspired by some cards I saw on Heather Nichols post here when the Button Bits series was featured the other day.  I pulled out my Everday Button Bits set to create this card.

Button Bits

Supplies Used (PTI):
Pretty Peonies
Stamps:  Pretty Peonies, Fillable Frame, Beautiful Butterflies, Communique Sentiments
Paper:  White, Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon, Smokey Shadow
Other:  Filigree Border Die
Ink:  Lavender Moon, Winter Wisteria, Ocean Tides, Smokey Shadow

Button Buts
Stamps:  Everyday Button Bits, Tag-it's
Paper:  Kraft, DCWV 'The Green Stack'
Other:  Edger, Angled Label Dies, Buttons, Ribbon from Michaels, Embroidery Floww
Ink:  Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Fresh Snow



Thanks for Visiting 

20 comments :

  1. Joyce, the first one is beautiful! I love the bold purple and the patterned paper you created with all your stamping. The second one is super sweet! Love those button flowers and the cute bird paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love both cards Joyce! No flunking what-so-ever, I am really in love with the Winter Wisteria ink. All the details are fabulous. Time to get going on more Mother's Day cards, I need one more, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, your mom is going to love it even though you didn't use the absolute correct amount of Plum Pudding! Your card is really pretty, love the peonies with the filagree border diecut. Your second card with the cute flowers and buttons is so pretty too, you did a really good job with this MIM challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee - I think we posted our CAS-ual friday entries together... glad I'm not the only procrastinator :) Love your peonies card - it's so elegant... perfect mother's day card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well you KNOW I love the colors you chose cuz I did the same ones! I really like how you layered the images onto one another - I never think to do it, and it is such a great look. I ended up getting that chicken wire stamp from WMS - you were right - what a BREEZE to line up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joyce, both cards are wonderful and will please any mother who receives them. The color inspiration challenge card is so special made with the peonies-perfect for the occasion! I love that color palette, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are fabulous!!
    And I don't think anyone will notice you didn't follow "3".
    When I was in art...it wasn't just "3"...it was "odds"...any odd number is more visually appealing.:)
    Love the colors in the first one...such a fabulous color challenge!
    And the 2nd one...love that paper and the button blooms!
    Any mom would be proud to receive these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of these, Joyce! Love the outline and solid flowers overlapping each other on the first one and that fun birdie paper on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are beautiful and I love your choice of color combinations, just so elegant and beautiful. I love the paper and flowers you used on the second card, just so festive. Both are awesome and I am sure your mom will love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soo pretty, Joyce! I LOVE your colorful take on the button bits card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of theses are gorgeous! Love the purple and it looks fabulous to me! Doesn't look like anything is missing at all!! And I adore the bright, colorful card with the buttons--just wonderful for any mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards, Joyce! Look at us, on the same page with our colour schemes and stamp sets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joyce,
    Two great cards. The first card is stunning. Love those colors. I really like how you stamped those peonies. Great color combination too!The pattern paper on the 2nd card is adorable. Love those buttons..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your first card is lovely, Joyce! The overlapping peony stamps are so elegant and perfect for a Mother's Day card. And your second card is so fun and colorful, a totally different look! Love the inked edges!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful!! love those colors on the peonies!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! They are both so different and both gorgeous! Love the color of the peonies , and the bright colors of the other card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would have never put these colors together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are beautiful!! I couldn't possibly handle this color challenge. You pulled it off brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I especially like the Pretty Peonies card. The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Mothers Day cards are fabulous, but that Peony one is killer gorgeous. What a wonderful composition, and the colors are so perfect for the occasion and your design. I am going to have to CASE this one...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...