Saturday, May 19, 2012

With Sympathy, For Janelle


I thought I would post the sympathy card I made to send to Ken, Janelle's husband.  I normally do not like to make sympathy cards for a specific occasion, because it makes me even sadder.  I find it easier to make sympathy cards for my stash, and then I have them when I need them.  But, I felt Janelle should have a card made just for her.  I made a few extras, tweaking each one slightly.

Janelle was a wonderful person.  I never had the chance to meet her in real life, but we had many a fine chat over email and through our blogs.  She was taken much too soon.  Her strong faith was an inspiration to me and many others.  I truly hope that she is in a better place now. 














My inspiration for the design of this card was a card I saw last week on Anya's blog.




Supplies Used (PTI):
Stamps:  Background Basics Woodgrain, Larger Than Life, Think Big Favorites
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Simply Chartreuse or Ripe Avocado, or Kraft
Other:  Larger Than Life Die


Thanks for Visiting

14 comments :

  1. I am so sorry about your friend. Your cards for her are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Joyce. I never knew Janelle at all, but her faith was so evident in the blog posts I read...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful Joyce. I always followed Janelle's blog and loved her fun outlook on life as well as her wonderful cards. I really miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card for a beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, these cards are so beautiful and I am sure the Ken will be so grateful for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Joyce, Ken will be touched by your thoughtfulness. Janelle will be missed by so many people, few would be able to live their lives with the grace that she did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your cards are just lovely. I didn't know Janelle but knew of her story...I'm sure her family will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce, this is a beautiful card and a beautiful reason to make it. Ken will be so appreciative of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to echo Kara...
    a beautiful card for a truly beautiful lady!
    She was such an inspiration to so many in so many ways...
    I know her family misses her dearly...
    but I like to think that not only is she in a much better place...
    but we've got someone else up there to take care of all of us here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Joyce, the most difficult to create, especially if it is for someone we know and love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joyce, these are so lovely. The background stamping is wonderful. So sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegantly card, for a wonderful person and her family. I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joyce you made such beautiful cards. I am so sorry to hear the news about Janelle, I never had the opportunity to chat with her through blogging or email, but those who did always had such wonderful things to say about her. Life is too short sometimes for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cards are really lovely and I know Ken will be touched by his. Janelle really was a special lady. Sometimes it feels like it's always the most amazing people that get taken too soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...