Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Make it Monday: Happy Father's Day


This week's Make it Monday MIM #67:  Step-it-Up:  Mixing Patterned Papers has some great hints on mixing, matching, and using patterned papers.  Just what I need, as I love to buy patterned papers, but am not always so good about pulling them out.  I made two cards using the second level of difficulty--papers from the same paper pack--Pacific Vineyard.




I actually made this card first, and then decided to make another one using some of the leftover pieces.  I think I like the one above better.  No matter, as they will both get used this June.




It is a little hard to see in these photos, but the card front is embossed with the prickly side of the Canvas/Linen Impression Plate, and the solid star centers are embossed with the Polka Dot Impression Plate.





Supplies Used (PTI):
Stamps:  Fillable Frames
Paper:  Kraft, Fine Linen, Ripe Avocado, Royal Velvet, Pacific Vineyard Patterned Pack
Other:  Stars Border Dies, Stars Dies, Canvas/Linen and Polka Dots IP 
Ink:  Ripe Avocado


Thanks for Visiting
 

19 comments :

  1. Great cards- the colours and patterns go together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards! Love how you embossed the stars and panels. These are great masculine cards which I always seem to struggle with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your cards!! Great combinations of colors and shapes..love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh! I love both of your card! You did a great job of mixing the patterns, and you added them creatively! I love the colors! They are perfect for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the star shapes with the Pacific Vineyard PP! Lovely, lovely!!! Great masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Father's Day card Joyce. I love the Pacific Vineyards paper, on my wish list. I love the patterns you chose to mix together and your stars are such a fantastic accent. Your picked the perfect blend of masculine patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you did these stars! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great choice of papers and i love all of the stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun cards! I love the layered stars with patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gee, Joyce, I really like both of these! The stars are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them both ! Love the paper pack you chose and the stars. You can never see my impression plate either, I will take your word for it , and I know how it adds to a card. I better get started on mine. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. With my great big computer screen I can totally see the embossing on your card! I like the first card the most too, I love that patterned paper you chose with the doilies on it and the purple outline star really stands out against it. Great choice of patterned papers and stamps. I really love that you always use so many of your stamps...different sets, not always recent ones. You really seem to get your money's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choice of pattern papers and colors!! Love how the stars pop. Great card for Father's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards, I really like both of them, glad I don't have to choose between the two. Pacific Vineyards is one of my favorite PTI patterned paper packs and you just did an awesome job with all that you used. I really love the look of Royal Velvet with it too, just so perfect for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh Joyce! What nifty cards! I must say, I do love a good star and you have delivered some fabulous ones here. Looks tricky but so effective. Killer MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards! Love the colors and am also very inclined to starry cards :) awesome cards for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cards Joyce! Kudos to you for using up your patterned paper! I'm so bad at that;) And I love how you incorporated the embossing too! Those little details can really make a good card great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really fun cards, Joyce! It's so hard to make Father's Day cards, but these are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great choice of papers for both of these, Joyce! I just love how you tucked the sentiment in the space next to the star--looks like it was made for that spot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...