Sunday, January 22, 2012

Valentine's Card Drive for Children's Hospitals


I spent most of my Sunday in a marathon crafting session to benefit a very worthy cause.  My goal was to make as many Valentines Day cards as possible to send to Winter Sim's 2012 Valentine's Day Card Drive.  These cards will be delivered to children in the hospital, to brighten up their Valentine's Day.  If you would like to participate, there's still a little time.  Check out Winter's blog here to see the card requirements and deadlines.  There are prizes, too!

In order to create so many cards today, I had to rely on a little 'help' from my friends.  There is no way that I could have thought of that many original card ideas, so almost all of my cards are CASED.  No two are alike, but many are variations on a design.

Here are the cards inspired by this and this card from Laurie of Soabbox Creations:




These cards were inspired by this beautiful framed picture by Gayatri of Handmade by G3:



These cards were inspired by this and this card by Kim of Cupcakes, Cards and Kim:


I fell in love with this card by Tracey from In My Creative Opinion, and knew I had to make some of my own:


Finally, I did come up with a couple of original ideas, and was lucky enough to enlist my daughter's help with the coloring:



Stamps are a variety from PTI, WPlus9 and Verve.  Let me know if you have questions.  There's too much to list.


Thanks for Visiting

22 comments :

  1. Joyce, these are all adorable!! You are going to brighten so many kids' days. I would love to play along. It's been kinda difficult for me to craft lately, but I'll see if I can pull something together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been very busy Joyce! What a wonderful set of card! Great inspiration , thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my sweetness. thanks for the early-morning eye-candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce, this post has made me happy - not only is it visually stunning with all those gorgeous cards but you've gone to all that effort for such a fabulous cause! Lovely :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...you have been a busy little bee...all of the cards you made are just so sweet and beautiful and I know all of the children will be over the moon with your cards. What a sweet gift you are giving them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabby cards!!
    You did such a variety...
    I mass produced!
    And you used the lolli's that I wasn't going to get into with coloring...
    but that set is just PERFECT for kiddies Valentine's...
    love it! :)
    They are all so great...
    the kids will love these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous! What a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards. My favorites are the ones you cased from Laurie. Loved her card when I saw it. I like how you took it towards a Valentine's theme.
    I also love the one you designed with the red valentines forming the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, Joyce! You have been busy making beautiful cards. I love the way you made them your own, even though you were inspired by so many other talented card makers. How kind of you to give away all your beautiful cards .

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a really big heart Joyce. It is wonderful that you have put all of these cards together for Winter Sim's card drive. Your cards are all so cheery and perfect to brighten the children's day. Thanks for the shout out, I may have to CASE my card done with your fabulous designs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea, Joyce!! Your cards are beautiful...you completed so many of them!!

    And yes, I am in Southern California. I'm in Ventura county, Moorpark to be exact. Are you down near San Diego?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Joyce! These are all so fabulous!. I've seen that Take 3 die used a lot. It's on my radar. Really great job with ALL of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some really gorgeous cards here Joyce, the first set is my favourite - just love all that yummy patterned paper! Thanks so much for leaving some love on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joyce, wow! You have certainly been busy! I think my favorites are the ones with the doilies in the background, but those pocket ones are close behind. And the one with the bird and the heart in the thought bubble is adorable, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love them all! You are making me wish I had bought that pocket stamp from Wplus9! I love you you mix and matched so many layers :-) Thank you also for the wonderful blog comment on my MIM win! I chose Rosie Posie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joyce, you've been busy and they're all wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've been busy! Such great cards and what a wonderful cause. Great job! Am sure the children will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, look what you did! These are all great, Joyce, with my favourite being the one in the sneak at the beginning of your post-- I love how you grouped the hearts together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love this pile of cards for the kids!! they will love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Joyce! You are on a roll chickie! Great set of cards you have made. Love all of them. Your version is very beautiful. Maybe now I will have to CASe yours :)
    I don't have Take Three dies and I have just added them to my cart :) Your daughter has also done great job colouring :)
    Thanks so much for the shoutout. Ready for another mini blog hop? Will email you :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy cow girlfriend! You are amazing! What a great bunch of cards you have here! I love all of them! The very bottom one with the hearts is so fun....but really...they all are! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...