Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Masculine Birthday



This week's One Layer Wednesday challenge is to make a masculine birthday card.  This is a great challenge, since I often think simpler is best when it comes to masculine cards.  I have so many ideas for this challenge, and was able to knock out my first two cards quickly.  I hope I have time this week to try some more of my ideas.


I used my new PTI Enchanted Evening ink on Soft Stone cardstock, and I was so happy at how those colors work together.  I'm definitely going to use them together again.  I was concerned that the font on the sentiment was possibly not 'manly' enough, so I tried again, with another sentiment--from an old set I got at Michaels.  What do you think?



Supplies Used (PTI):
Stamps:  Harvest Berries, Communique Curves, unknown for sentiment on 2nd card
Paper:  Soft Stone, Rustic Cream


Thanks for Visiting

16 comments :

  1. Love the cards Joyce! Don't you just love the PTI new ink? It looks great on your cards.I think the first HB works just fine, but the last is maybe more masculine. Beautiful one layer cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great single-layer cards. The colors are apt for male cards. The first sentiment is a classic, but i think the second one is more masculine. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the 2nd sentiment being more masculine...ther's just something feminine about script.
    I thought about leaves too, your proved that they are somehow masculine, and i love both cards..

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both great, Joyce! I love the ginko leaves in the Canyon Clay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. enchanted evening on soft stone..love that! can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I love the way the Harvest Berries looks in Enchanted Evening! I love the second sentiment for a male card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce, these are gorgeous! Yet can definitely be masculine, too. Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think they're both fabulous!
    Love both of the sentiments...
    and you did it in one layer!
    I don't think I've ever been able to do a one layer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both fabulous! I agree that the second font is a little more masculine if I had to choose. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these cards are just fabulous...I really like the way the soft stone looks with the blue ink and I think both fonts look just fine. Both cards are ones I would be proud to make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Blue card is super nice!
    Love that stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore these leaves - and the blue looks wonderful!!! I think both fonts work! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hadn't had chance to look at this weeks challenge and ran out of time last week! Fantastic colours and love this PTI set...so versatile!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these cards, another set I need to get. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boy, I LOVE those stamps! I've put them in my basket several times, but haven't actually bought them yet! Now with inspiration like this, I MUST buy them!! Awesome cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are fabulous! The second is more masculine with the font, but I'd send the first to a guy, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...