Monday, January 16, 2012

Clean and Simple Watercolor Blocking


All my house guests are gone, and I had a chance today to make a card for Friday's class.  The official topic was watercolor blocking, but I had to modify that a bit, given the supplies I had on hand.  I have quite a few colors of Distress Ink, but have never used them for anything other than normal stamping.  The simple technique outlined in today's lesson showed me how to use those inks with water. 



Supplies Used (PTI):
Stamps:  Turning a New Leaf, a big thank you
Paper:  Strathmore Watercolor
Other:  Embossing Powder, Distress Inks--Peeled Paint, Dusty Concord, Fired Brick, sponge


Thanks for Visiting

12 comments :

  1. The effect is so cool, but i haven't tried it yet... Watercoloring is like glitter for me - too messy! and i can never get it to look right....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the opposite… never can stamp with DI inks but love them for edges and water colouring !
    Love the uneven shapes you made for the bkgd, you'll want to get a blending tool now:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors...
    and I've never tried watercoloring with my DI either...
    but have seen so many gorgeous cards using the technique...
    it's on my "bucket list" to try someday! :)
    Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Joyce! What a fun technique with pretty results! I love the boldness in the color blocking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This technique is really neat - I too have alot of DI, but I know I dont explore their full capabilities... I really love the colors you chose for this card, they are all so different, but they work wonderfully together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous technique ! And I love the way you stamped your sentiment over the top of your colour blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the way you did this card. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty and so artistic Joyce! Looks hand painted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this , it looks like a watercolor painting. So looks like you're learning a ton of new things in this class.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...