Friday, January 6, 2012

Make it Monday: Frogs


I have a quick post to show how I wrapped a baby gift, using die cuts from Frog Hop.  I used MIM #46 to turn one of the frogs into a tag.  I had actually done a project with this MIM when it was first released, but had to re-do the frog for this gift wrapping, since I didn't want him to be a hanging tag and my original frog had a hole in his head.  However, I am counting this as playing along with this week's MIM #74:  2011 A la Carte, since I am trying to either do, redo, or at least watch them all.


I was inspired by this post from the Simplicity blog, where Susan explains her philosophy of wrapping gifts using plain white paper, dressed up with ribbons or tags.  I took a stack of board books, wrapped them in plain white paper (a big roll at Staples in the teaching section cost about $7) and made a belly band of kraft and some patterned paper.  I die cut a Mat Stack 5, ran it through the numbers impression plate, and then adhered the frogs.  The middle frog opens to a tag.


Thanks for Visiting

10 comments :

  1. How cute the middle frog opens to a tag!!! This is so cute and an amazing gift wrap idea. You did an awesome-possum job on this one, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These little guys are just so sweet! Love them in all of the primary colors and the google eyes, just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love the froggie belly band and the googly eyes! You know me and googly eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute packaging. Creative to have the middle frog be the tag . Love thos googly eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! And I agree, much better than a frog with a hole in his head :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so bright and adorable...
    those little frogs just jump off the page!
    And I love using plain paper...
    usually kraft...
    kids just rip into gifts without any consideration of how much thought we put into wrapping those gifts anyway...
    how rude...
    *giggle*
    But I think this is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now aren't you the smarted thing around? That little frog in the middle flipping up to make the tag was so smart! The colors are so bright on this and I love the embossing with the numbers plate. Great job on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an adorable gift wrap!Bright fun and colorful. I do love those frogs and will be using them soon since one of my grandsons is a leap year baby! Thanks for the inspiration of such a cute gift wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute Joyce, love those froggies. What a great gift card/tag.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...