Thursday, January 19, 2012

Clean and Simple Plainly White


Officially, it is Day 9 of the Clean & Simple Card Making class, but in my house, it is Day 7: Plainly White cards.  This was a fun one for me.  I have more ideas than time.  Here are three cards that I was able to make this morning.

happy birthday
I had some fun with this card, using my scoreboard to create that diagonal panel on the bottom.  Turns out it was quite helpful in guiding the placement of my little birds.  I am also going to post this for this week's One-Layer Wednesday OLW75 challenge for a masculine birthday card--I think this would be sweet for a little boy, and I was very careful NOT to use any pink at all.


the sky is the limit
It doesn't get much simpler than this.  I cased one of the sample cards from the class--masked, stamped, colored with Prismacolor pencils--done.  I think this will go to one of my nieces who is in the process of selecting a college for next year.


XOXO
 This final card will be part of a collection of valentine cards I will be sending in support of Winter Sim's valentines card drive to support Children's Hospital.  Click here to find out more--there's still time to get some valentines card to support the cause.

My friend, Monica, from the PTI forum is having a great giveaway on her blog, Simply Sunshine.  Check it out--you could win a gift certificate for some great A-Muse products.


Supplies Used (PTI):
happy birthday
Stamps:  Tiny Treats Birthday, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Paper:  White
Other:  Prismacolor pencils

the sky is the limit
Stamps:  Up, Up and Away
Paper:  White
Other Prismacolor pencils

XOXO
Stamps:  Tree Tops, WPlus9 Love You More
Paper:  White, True Black, Hibiscus Burst
Other:  Mat Stack & Layerz Mat Stack 3 dies, Tiny Tags die, twine


Thanks for Visiting

22 comments :

  1. Looks like you got quite a bit done today-- good for you! They're all wonderful, but I think the third one is my favourite (so pretty!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the cards Joyce! Love the card with the new Layerz die, and that embossing folder. Who makes that one? You are one busy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all but especially the birdies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cards with all of the texture on white! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards! Especially your Valentine! The embossing if so nice and I love the white on white that I have a hard time with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whimsical AND stunning, which is not an easy balance to achieve! I'm officially a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce they are all fabulous...
    but I really love that top one!
    The little birdies are fantastic and fun...
    but love those scored lines!! :)
    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I cannot imagine the patience it took to do that diagonal scoring! Might have to try it some time but it looks so daunting!

    Love the way the tree tops fit on the mat stack.. might have to try that too! :-) Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all 3 such lovely, sweet cards! I love the scoring... I never think to do that, will have to try it sometime. And the tree tops card, so super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great cards, especially love that scoring and little bird card. That is absolutely perfect scoring and really does show the birds off. The embossing folder on the third card is great. You really make great use of your folders. I think I NEED every one you use!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet...love those whimsical birds! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Number 3 speaks to me!!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you create so many beautiful cards this morning. I love your scoring technique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got you back Joyce, your blog disappeared from my dashboard and even though I was still following you, you were gone! Back in business, you are right where you should be. All of today's creations are fantastic. You were certainly inspired--need some of your mojo. All have amazing elements and the embossing folder on the third card I love. Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGosh! These cards are such delights. I must say that those wee birds in a row with baloon in tow are darling. Fab work Miss Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards, Joyce :) I love the birdie card. Very cute and the embossed card is awesome. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  17. All three of these cards are just too darn cute! I really love the little birdie one, so sweet and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very fun cards, Joyce! Love them all. And thanks so much for mentioning my giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You rocked the white card! Love the birdies, especially - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Joyce, I love your three creations. Those birdies are so cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! Three stunning cards! The birdies for the OLW challenge are adorable, and I love how you used the grid to place the birds. They look so nicely grounded and evenly spaced that way. The balloon card would work for the challenge, too. Can't you see giving it to a 21yo man?

    Your valentine is gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...