Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Magical Moments: Mini Blog Hop

Kim, from Cupcakes, Cards and Kim, Gayatri from Handmade by G3, and I are hosting a mini blog hop today.  We all have the WPlus9 set Magical Moments, and thought it would be fun to inspire each other by creating and posting card from this set on the same day.

Here is what the set looks like:


Although I bought the set for the beautiful peacock images, the first image that I ended up playing with was the image with the four little squares.

I've already posted the first card I made with that image here.  Here are some more cards I made, as I experimented with layouts and ink colors:












Sentiments are from Peaceful Garden (PTI), Magical Moments (WPlus9), and Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches).

Here is what the set looks like:


Do you have a favorite?

On to the peacocks....



This last card was inspired by this card by Gayatri, which got the ball rolling for the mini blog hop idea.  I loved how she sponged the ink around the embossed peacock.


Sentiments are from Tranquility Trilogy, Asian Fusion, and Botanical Silhouettes.

Please join us on this mini blog hop by visiting Kim and Gayatri:



Do you have this stamp set?  If so, please join us!  Create something and leave a link in the comments section, and we'll come and visit you.  Or, if you have something already made and posted, link that. 


Thanks for Visiting

13 comments :

  1. I love the first card set you have made with that stamp. I tried making a background using it but did not turn out well.You have rocked it.
    The cards with peacock looks so beautiful! Hurray to you for organising this, Joyce :) I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all! On the first set, I love the black strip of card stock on the side, and my fave is the square of blue images "hope your day is magical.". The peacock cards are so pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all and think they are all fabulous...
    but love that "magical" one...
    that focal point is awesome! :)
    And the purple peacock...
    ADORE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce...these are all just beautiful and love the happy birthday cards. I have to admit when I purchased the set is was for the peacock but the square floral stamp has become my favorite.
    Great job on all of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce,
    The first set of cards are lovely. Very CAS. Kind of reminds me of Modern Basics. I love the first card the best because of the color & scoring.
    Very intersting that both you & Gayatri first & second cards are alike in either layout or color. Great minds think alike. Love what you did on all three cards with the peacocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow-so many fabulous designs--love them all! i especially was drawn to card #2 with the fantastic layout, color & 'magical' sentiment! And I adore the white on purple peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, look at all the cards you made! I love the set and the ones with the peacocks are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so fabulous! If I had to pick pick a fav it would be "hope your day is magical". Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you have done a wonderful job creating those cards Joyce. I think the second card of each set would be my favorite. I really love how you made such beautiful cards out of such a little stamp. That takes talent! On to see the others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce I LOVE them all! What a FUN idea!! I need to BORROW that sometime.. I LOVE blog hops! :)
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful! I'm a sucker for card sets. Thanks so much for sending me by! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love these!! especially the cas ones!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! you gave that set a workout! I especially like the card set - and the happy birthday cards... love how you poked that sentiment in there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...