Monday, January 16, 2012

Four-of-a-Kind #5




After a break for the December holidays, Four-of-a-Kind is back with our fifth post. This a series of monthly posts where Cathy, Kim, Renee and I challenge ourselves to make a card out of a kit sent to us by the hostess of the month.  You can see the other challenges hereherehere, and here
The hostess for the month makes four kits and sends them out to each of us.  We work secretly to create a card using at least 4 items from the kit.   No other rules or restrictions.  We are allowed to use anything else we have on hand.  We get to see each others cards today, on each of our blog posts.  We are scheduling our posts to go live at the same time.  I can't wait to see what everyone has created.

Cathy is the host this month, and she sent us a huge package full of goodies.  The stamps are from Take Note and Flutterby Friend, and the papers are Uncommon by Authentique and  PTI. 



Cathy sent us materials to make both a note pad holder and a post it note holder.  I've been meaning to make something like that for quite a while, and I'm keeping both for myself.  She sent so many things, I couldn't stop myself, and also made three cards.  Finally, I ran out of time, but I still have lots of goodies left over.







The other three members of Four-of-a-Kind are:
Cathy Weber:  Empty Nest Crafter
Kim Heggins:  Cupcakes, Cards and Kim
Renee Lynch:  It's a Patchwork Life

Please stop by their blogs, if you haven't been there already, and see what they have created for our fifth Four-of-a-Kind post.  


 Thanks for Visiting

18 comments :

  1. That is quite the stash! No wonder you were inspired to create so many cards :). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you die cut the paper for the notepad...
    it's gorgeous and I'd keep it for myself too! :)
    And you made 3 cards!!!
    They're all fabulous...
    love each of them!!
    I still have supplies left...
    Cathy sent so much yummy goodness...
    she really outdid herself with this one...
    will have to go back and see what else I can come up with now!
    I've missed our 4 of a Kind's and am so glad to be back with them again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards!! you made so many things with this one lit..all beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of this but especially what you did with the squares on the tall notepad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, just incredibly beautiful! I too plan to keep the note pad and post-it's for myself, yours are just so lovely. The birthday is just so sweet and love the use of the filigree border die. So gald we are back on the 4 of a Kind schedule too, I missed doing these kits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will take forever to type up all I love about these. First, those pinked squares were so creative! I absolutely love that idea. Second, I love the card with the flourishes. That was a great idea. Third, you were the only one who used the more orange side of the patterned paper. This is what I love about our little kit club, everyone sees something different and unique with the exact same things. You did such a good job and made so many great projects. I'm glad you are keeping the notepads for yourself Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the kit Cathy sent you. Wow, love all the things you made. That BIRTHDAY card is sooo gorgeous, I have to say it's my favorite! Love all of them and love the note card the way you used the pinking sheers. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce I LOVE your kit!! LOVE your projects!!! Thanking you for letting my friends and I BORROW your girls idea! :) So FUN!!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I love all the cards you made with your "kit"! That patterned paper is gorgeous-- I have some of it (yes, I've been hoarding it) but you've inspired me to take it out and use it asap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great idea and sounds a lot of fun! I love all the things you made too - really pretty. Popping over to the other blogs to see the other ideas now! M x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous projects with the kit! Really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joyce! I really liked seeing what you all came up with - I'm going to call you the "fab 4"! Everything is beautiful! I love your friends card - everything came together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What FUN, Joyce! I love all of your projects! Thanks for letting us borrow your 4-of-a-kind idea! Cathy sure put together a beautiful kit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your projects are awesome!! I love the pleated flower and that beautiful doily. thanks for letting us use your 4-of-a-kind idea, it's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a fabulous kit and you did such a wonderful job with your goodies! Love how you did the notepad--very unique! All of these are SO pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the elements in this kit. You did an awesome job with those cards. Can't quite decide which one is my favorite. You have been one busy bee making tose great projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a simply wonderful set Joyce - wonderful and the recipient is very lucky! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love - I so appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love what you did with your kit Joyce all all superb!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...