Sunday, January 1, 2012

Let Your Heart be Your Guide



Happy New Year.  I hope everyone had a nice New Year's Eve.  Let's not talk about resolutions, but jump right into the cards.

I'm back with my second project for CAS-ual Friday's CFC #33.  This time my project is also for the Market Street Stamps Block Party.   If I understand the challenge correctly, the project should use kraft, twine and Market Street Stamps.  Well, I hope so, because that is what I did.

The challenge to use Market Street Stamps was a pretty easy one for me, as I have been building up quite a collection of their background stamps.  I love them--they are so easy to use because they are clear AND they cover the entire card in one stamp.  Doesn't get much easier than that.


This card uses two stamps from Market Street--Vintage Notepad and Compass.  When I was buying the Vintage Notepad stamp, there was a teeny tiny discrepancy with the pricing of my order.  When I pointed it out to MSS in the comments section of my order, I received an immediate apology, as well as two free stamp sets with my order.  Compass was one of those free sets.  I think it works well as a masculine Valentine.  It's a bit hard to see in this photo, but I colored the heart with red copic marker, and then used Paper Glaze to give it a bit of a shine.


Thanks for Visiting

9 comments :

  1. This is lovely - I agree about it being a good masculine valentine. Happy new year :) M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The compass and sentiment are perfect together! This is a fabulous masculine card! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I admire how you were able to combine these challenges with that great stamp! And the touch of glossy accents is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! I like the way they took care of the small problem. Very Nice! I can see the red heart, nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. I like how you notched thesides & used the twine.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the compass and the way you wrapped the twine. Another great one Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the background stamping! The little bit of shine on the heart is perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great day Joyce and love the story too. Sounds like a great place to buy stamps. I love the compase too and the shiney heart just sets it off.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...