Sunday, January 3, 2021

Sunday with Hero Arts

 



Hello, happy Sunday and happy NEW YEAR!!!

I've been playing with some new and old Hero Arts stamps and dies, inspired by the Stay Crafty With Hero Challenge #18 to be inspired by their amazing Creative Team.  Pretty easy challenge, as the inspiration has been incredible this past year.  I will be entering all of my cards today at this challenge.

First up is a card inspired by this card by Hero Arts Creative Team Member Mindy Eggen.  I especially loved her red sky.  That is something I have never considered doing, and I love how it looks.  I used 3 new Hero Arts stamps for this card...Milky Way Bold Prints for the sky, Snowy Town for the house, skaters and darker trees, and Winter Woods Heroscape for the background trees.

I am also entering all of my holiday cards today at A Blog Named Hero and The Paper Players #522: Use Something New.







Next up is another holiday card using Snowy Town stamps and the leftover part of the red night sky from the card above.  This card was inspired by this card here, and I was not able to figure out which designer created it. 





Next up is this serene scene, inspired by this card by Daniel West.  I used stamps from the Winter Woods Heroscape, and decided to leave out the sentiment, mostly because I couldn't figure out where to put it.  I dug through my Hero Arts ink collection and found this Pool to Navy ombre ink that I used for the water.





This next card was inspired by this card by Lydia Fiedler.  In fact, when I saw this card, I went out and bought the stamp set, just so I could CASE her card...I just added a few more red accents.  I am entering this card at Color Hues #9:  Red & Grey.







Last up is one of my favorite cling background stamps from Hero Arts.  It is so old that I don't know the name and can't find it anywhere online.  I was inspired by this card by Dana Joy.  I used the same technique--heat embossing a background stamp, and then swinked 3 different colors of vibrant Catherine Pooler inks.  I added a die cut birthday cake from an older MMH kit.





That's it for me today.


Thanks for Visiting














15 comments :

  1. These are stunning! What beautiful scenes you've created, I just love them all! Thanks for playing with my "new" challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful selection of cards! I love the red sky, and like you, would never have thought of doing it, but looks fabulous in your cards! All your cards today are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your cards! Great work with Hero arts stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab scenes here you have created-love all the dimension, it gives such a realistic look to each card and so good to see you crafting so much x

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off Happy New Year to you Joyce! I love the red sky idea on your first card! Just Wow! Never in a million years would I have thought of that! It works sooooooo well! As I gaze at the rest of your work it looks like no mojo was lost over the Holidays! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magical! Thanks for playing in the A Blog Named Hero challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce, your cards are amazing. Yes, the red sky in your first card is unique in all its glory. It's so welcoming. Amazing work. Thank you for playing with us at The Paper Players this week. I look forward to seeing more of your art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful collection of cards Joyce!
    Especially the one that makes our challenge colors shine... I would love to take a stroll down that path !
    Thanks for playing along at The Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce your cards are fabulous - the scenes in the first two are so full of detail and I too love the effect of the red sky, it works so well. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab array of designs Joyce. The grey and red one really entices you to walk through those trees! Thanks for sharing at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joyce, this is fabulous!! I love the gorgeous winter scene! I am amazed at all the beautiful colors you combined. The red sky is a delight! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a wonderful selection of cards, Joyce. I agree with Claire, the winter scene is gorgeous. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many wonderful cards....just love each and everyone of the. I would love be with those ice skaters on your first card, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome set of cards!! Gorgeous.Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are gorgeous cards Joyce, I love your vivid skies! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...