Sunday, January 24, 2021

My Crafty Weekend

 


Hello and happy Sunday.  I've been crafty again, so let's get right to it.

First up is this very fun birthday card, inspired by the sketch at MFT Sketch Challenge #525.  I used hippos and birds from MFT Happy Hippos and another bird from Birthday Bear & Friends.  I am also entering this card at CAS on Friday #197: Animals, Use Your Stuff #414: Out with the Old (I've had these animal birthday sets from MFT for a long time, and still love them), and Seize the Birthday #206 (no twist).  Because I think this card would be perfect for a little boy, I am entering it at the Male Room #146: Animals and WWC305: Anything Goes Masculine Twist.





I don't know how it happened, but I have run out of new home cards.  I made a matching pair, inspired by a design I used years ago.  This first card will be headed to my niece tomorrow.  


This card is almost exactly the same, except for the blended background and placement of clouds.


I will be entering both of these cards at Use Your Stuff #414: Out with the Old (I used an old die called Home Scape from Sugar Pea) and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Make Your Own Background.

My next card is another for my stash of new home cards.  I was inspired by the challenge at Less is More #435: In a Row to pull out a new-to-me Scene It More from Clearly Besotted.


I was so excited to see the new challenge at Festive Friday #0076: Chinese New Year.  I had the perfect stamp set from Mama Elephant Ni Hao.  My younger daughter was supposed to be in Shanghai this semester, but it was canceled by covid.  I will still give her this card, and we will celebrate Chines New Year here in California.  The elements of the challenge I used on my card are red, gold and dragon.


I made 2 versions of the card, as I could not decide which parts should be red or white.



I am also entering these cards at WWC305: Anything Goes Masculine Twist.


I had so much fun playing with my newest stamps from Newton's Nook, Paw-some Birthday.  I used the colors from Inky Paws Challenge #140 and the sketch from The Paper Players #525.


I am also entering this card at Seize the Birthday #206 (no twist), and because I think this card would be perfect for a little boy, I am entering it at the Male Room #146: Animals and WWC305: Anything Goes Masculine Twist.


Switching gears for a moment, I have a few holiday cards to post.  I am entering both of these holiday cards at the new MFT Slimline Challenge, because I used MFT Delightful Deer dies.    I am also entering these cards at Addicted to Stamps and More #397: Christmas and Retro Rubber #150: Winter Wonderland (my sentiment stamp is at least 1 year old, and the deer and birds are several years old).





And, my last card today is this multi-colored village on a snowy night.  I am entering this card at Just Us Girls #568 (inspired by the snowy night in the village), Addicted to Stamps and More #397: Christmas, Addicted to CAS #189: Snow, and Kat Scrappiness January Winter Challenge.







Thanks for Visiting


34 comments :

  1. Wow you have been super busy Joyce. Fabulous cards especially your Chinese New Year card. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been crafting up a storm Joyce. All of these are stunning. Thanks for sharing your cute as Birthday card with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce, beautiful collection of cards! I love all three of the cards you submitted to Watercooler Wednesday. Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely collection of cards. Loving the slimline wintery Reindeer scenes. perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! Wonderfully busy, as all the cards are great. I love the combination of black deer, red bird and snowy white. The trees in the background are perfect. Thank you for joining up with the Winter Wonderland challenge at Retro Rubber - both are beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--so many great cards, Joyce! The new home cards are all such fun--love the Home Scape die! The slimline deer cards are beautiful & I love the puppy with the stack of gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce do you realize that your "My Crafty Weekend" posts are among my favourite for inspriayion and smiles. You have some of the most fantastic house and cityscape dies and stamps. Can't wait for our post pandemic visit and maybe you can teach me how to make fabulous house and cityscape cards! Your NN doggie is so cute and that familiar deer slimline card that is love so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are on a roll with some awesome cards! The deer card is so adorable, and thanks for sharing it at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's start with your hippo and chick card - I love the pops of yellow with the other soft colours! Such beautiful new home cards - as Tracey says, you have the best dies and stamps for these! I also really like the not-the-usual cloud shapes. Awesome Chinese New Year cards - both versions look great. (I just checked and it's Ox this year... nope, no ox stamps here.) Love how you coloured your puppy and his colour-coordinated party hat. Love the deer silhouettes! And finally, what a sweet village for your slimline winter card -really pops against the snowy night sky. And thanks for thinking of us at Seize the Birthday and Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards, Joyce! I LOVE everything you create! Your Chinese New Year card is absolutely perfect for our Festive Friday challenge. I am so glad you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!!!! You always amazing me with all your sweet and wonderful cards. I love all your sweet house cards and all the wodnerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous colourful snowy scene you created for our photo challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic cards. Especially love the hippos and the dog with pressies cards

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWser! What a fabulous selection of cards on display today, popped across from the LIM link but they're all great

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! what a fabulous collection of cards, all with totally different themes, and colors but all equally beautiful and creative.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards all Joyce, as always! Thanks for joining in at Retro Rubber ~Nancy J

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Paw-some birthday card is so cute! I love that you added the birthday hat to the pup! Your choice of patterned paper is great too. Thank you for joining the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, Joyce! What a fabulous collection of fabulous creations! I love them all. I especially love the Chinese New Year cards for 2 reasons - they are adorable, AND that you will be celebrating in CA since your daughter's trip was cancelled. Love stories like that. Enjoy, and Happy New Year! May it bring us vaccinations and sanity! Thanks for playing at Festive Friday. Love to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holey cannoli! That's a lot of VERY wonderful cards. Love them ALL! Your colouring is FAB-U-LOUS. Thank you for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - DT Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOWSERS, Joyce! Talk about an incredible array of cards, each one an absolute eye-catcher! I adore the way you translated the photo at Just Us Girls, focusing on the colours with your houses and the sky that, in a word, is beautiful! The snowmen are sweet touches! Thank you for joining us, my friend!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  21. What great cards. Thank you joining us at the Festive Friday challenge this week. I love that Dragon image - in both colourways!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!!!!!! Joyce this is an amazing line up of cards! I love them all! Your little puppy with all his gifts is soooo adorable! I love the plaid background and the way the puppy pops of the white panel! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Joyce your collection of cards is fabulous! I love that cute puppy clambouring to reach the bone atop the presents - just adorable! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I love the blue plaid background with the puppy and his pile of packages! This is a darling card and I'm so glad you were inspired to join us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, you have been busy. Love all your cards. I think the hippo birthday card is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card - love those hippos.

    Thanks for joining us at the Use Your Stuff Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  27. You certainly did have a crafty weekend!
    Love the reindeer cards!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fun eye candy post! I am partial to the cute birthday card with those adorable critters - Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your take on the sketch and the colors you have combined, and so many cute animals. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animal challenge at The Male Room. I hope to see you in our new Steampunk challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a cute puppy image and love the colors and papers you have chosen. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animal challenge at The Male Room. I hope to see you in our new Steampunk challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a fun collection of cards! I love the hippos on the first one. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations, my friend! Your project was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. As a reminder, you can hop over to the challenge to grab your winners badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW! Such productive weekend. Absolutely gorgeous cards, Joyce. Thank you for joining us at ATSM. Hope to see you again in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, what a fabulous collection of wonderful creations! I love your two sky versions of the new home card and so many other great makes here. The houses 'in a row' was a great idea, I have that set so why didn't I think of that?! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...