Sunday, January 31, 2021

Guest Designer...12 Kits of Occasions

 


Hello friends.  I am a lucky girl today, because I was invited to join my friends at The 12 Kits of Occasions as their Guest Designer this month.  Tracey is our hostess, and when she invited me to join in on the fun, I was so excited.  Way back in the day, I was one of the original members of this group, but left a few years ago when life just got a little too busy to participate every month.

Take a look at the kit Tracey sent.  Her theme was 'BIRTHDAY'.



I had such fun playing with this kit.  It was so easy to use, and before I knew it, I had made 8 cards.

The first two card were made with supplies from The Greetery.  It was especially fun to play with the colorful pinwheels.




I added a card front panel made with a STAMPloration stencil I had in my stash, and I will enter this card at the STAMPlorations Anything Goes Never Ending Challenge and the STAMPlorations January Stencil Challenge.







One of the elements of the kit was a card front panel that Tracey cut with the MFT Big Birthday Die.  I sponged Distress Oxide ink and splattered water on that panel, and was able to make 2 cards using the die cut letters as well as the left over negative panel.




I sponged Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink on another card front panel and then splattered it with water.  I used that panel to back up the die cut negative from the kit.



And, here are the 2 cards together.




Next up is this adorable critter, completely hidden by all his festive presents.  I added some balloons to make the card even more festive.




I loved the soft colors of the balloon trio in Tracey's kit.  I didn't have to do much to create this card.  I drew on the balloon strings by hand, and added my sentiment in grey ink, rather than black, in keeping with the softer color scheme of this card.




Tracey included some really fun crafty images, and I colored this mug with a rainbow of crafty tools, and added it to a card front panel I created using  MFT stars stencil.




Last but not least, I used one of the sheets of patterned paper from the kit along with  a die cut sentiment for my last card.  I really love the papers Tracey sent, and have held on to quite a few to use in the future.



Hard to believe, but I still have some leftovers from this kit.  Thanks again, Tracey, for inviting me to be your guest this month.



Thanks for Visiting

12 comments :

  1. Wow Joyce, you rocked Tracey's kit! All your cards are fabulous1 I especially love the ink blending you did on the BIG birthday cards. I'm now wishing I still had all the parts together after seeing yours and Tracey's with the ink blending. The balloons are a great addition to the critter hiding behind all the gifts. Super, super cute!! So glad to see you back this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all fabulous, but I especially love that first one...it just yells "party!".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly as I expected my friend you made 8 amazing cards! Love those bright pinwheels grouped together, the cupcakes and stenciling made such a perfect CAS card, oh my goodness the pink and orange for the HBD dies looks amazing, the addition of the balloons finishes a Kobi bear off perfectly, the handrawn balloon string look so good and the finish with white pen lines on the Let's Party die cut is super creative. Thank you so much for joining me and making the products look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS cards Joyce and always fun to have you join us again!! You really went to town with Tracey's kit and totally did her proud...ALL of your cards are so FUN, colorful, and festive....each one perfect for celebrating birthdays!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joyce! All wonderful cards, done so beautifully. Especially loving the sweet bear and the colors you used. But truly, you used the kit to perfection (as usual!) I can tell you enjoyed each and every piece of the kit. It's so nice to have an excuse to stock up on birthday cards, isn't it? Hugs, my friend. Nice to see your fabulous cards in the lineup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great kit! Your cards are all so fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it is fun to be 'designing' together again and WOW! You've really made Tracey's kit shine with your array of amazing, ever-so-creative cards! Love them alllll!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Joyce, I am blown away with all your cards. The two Big Big Birthday Wish cards are stunning and I wish I had a do over. Love the colors you chose for those two.The crafty card is bright and happy as it should be for a crafter. As always I love what you create. Hope you enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your cards are AMAZING!! I love big, bold birthdays and that sweet bear you colored in!! GREAT design!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow....it's like you never left the group! So many fun and over the top festive birthday cards, love each and every one of them!!! Your Big Birthday cards are so much fun, love that we made similar cards (one the things I love about this group is that some of us think the same!). Your bear holding all the fabulous gifts and that wonderful balloon bouquet too, so fun and your rainbow cratfy tools in that cup are wonderful! Love them all and love that you were part of our fabulous 12 kits team this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eight spectacular cards, Joyce! And yes, even after these makes, you still have lots of the pretty papers Tracey sent. I'd pick a favourite, but it's impossible. :) I do plan to CASE a few of your cards with my leftovers, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delightful group of cards! They convey happy, fun, and party so well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...