Sunday, January 17, 2021

My Crafty Weekend

 

Hello and happy Sunday.  I've had  bits of time here and there this week, and have managed to create a number of cards.  First up is this floral card using a stencil from Altenew called Rose Bouquet.  I'm not sure if there is a trick to working with this stencil, but what I did to get the flowers and leaves to be different colors was loads of masking with post-it notes.

I am entering this card at CAS(E) this Sketch #404, The Flower Challenge #52: Embossing (I used dry embossing with a cover plate), Inspired by #157: Everything is a Bouquet, Inkspirational #230: Mask,  Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge: Anything Goes, and Shopping Our Stash #436: What's new with you.





Next up is a pair of birthday cards in an ombre of blues.  I started with a panel of white card stock, and sponged and blended several Distress Oxide inks, starting with the lightest shades at the top and ending with the darkest at the bottom.  I cut this panel using Poppystamps Happy birthday Background die.  I placed all the die cut letters in a white card front cut with the same die.  I was left with the blue sponged die cut negative, and I adhered that to a white card base to make a second card that is the mirror image of the first.  I think I may even like the second card a little better.

I am entering both of these cards at Poppy Challenge #76: monochrome, Just Us Girls #567,  WWC304: Occasions, and Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies.









I have been meaning to use my new MFT Zippy Zebras, and the MFT Sketch #524 challenge and MFT Color #157 challenges inspired my next card.  I am also entering this card at The Male Room #146: Animals, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Layer it Up, Shopping Our Stash #436: What's new with you, Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies and Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge: Short and/or Tall (tall).









I have two cards I made inspired by Stay Crafty with Hero Arts #19: Include a Heart.  I used stamps and dies from one of last year's My Monthly Hero kits.  I am also entering this first card at Addicted to Stamps and More #396: Make Your Mark and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Layer it Up.











Last up for today are two cards for next Christmas (already!)  They are inspired by the following challenges:  Color Hue #10: Navy & Cream, Addicted to CAS #189: Snow, The Paper Players #524: Snow, and Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge: Anything Goes.




I have to give a special shout out to the inspiration from LeAnne, who inspired me to pull out the same stamp she used.



I am also entering the last card at Freshly Made Sketches #468 and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Layer it Up







Thanks for Visiting











42 comments :

  1. Gorgeous cards as always! Glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting from the top... I'm not sure there's any easier way to get the clean colours of your stencilling than all kinds of masking - but you did it perfectly for this pretty card. Great two-for-one cards with your Happy Birthday dies. (Blues are the best sometimes, aren't they?) Love the zebras, especially the scooter-riding one! What a lovely scene with the bicycle, and then the mostly blue with pops of red hearts second card. The last two may be my favourites, though - clean and simple, beautiful silhouettes, and classy designs. Now I get to thank you for linking up with... Happy Little Stampers CAS and Stencils, Addicted to Stamps and More, and Color Hues! (I continue to be in awe of how efficiently you use your card-making time! <3)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty CAS snow cards! I like the subtle stitching detail on the back panel of the last card. Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You have been a busy stamper! I love all the cards, but your CAS card is just perfect for the snow challenge! Love the white on the blue! SO pretty! Thank you for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Birthday cards. I love how you got 2 cards from one die cut. Thanks for playing along at the Happy Little Stampers Challenge Blog! Dawn *DTeam

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic group of cards! So many wonderful designs. Thank you for joining the fun at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection of cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's an amazing set of cards! Love that cute bicycle with the heart balloons, and the two cards for the Color Hues Challenge are wonderful--thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful CAS cards. The beautiful shade of blue highlights the tree forest so perfectly. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players CAS challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowow, you did a beautiful cards!!!! Good Luck with Poppystamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you amaze me-again I say I wish I could craft like you! I just got my FF order and am going to have a go at making a TO card...but lets see. Now these cards are super. so many to comment on, so I will choose one-the slimline card made me smile, the little images sure look like they are having fun plus the sentiment really rang true....we are all trying to have fun in our own way!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great set of cards, you have been busy. I love the two Christmas cards, so effective and just one image! I too have been using the second stamp, perfect for a quick card. So pleased you linked up at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really fantastic selection of cards! The sweet blue zebras are really fun. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards! I love how you used the shade of blue for the Jugs challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes I think that I should just review your posts for inspiration because you provide so many ideas and thoughts. I love the variety!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful inspired cards! So nice to see you are still stamping! Thank you for playing the IB Challenge with us :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful line up of cards Joyce!
    I love your use of navy and cream on the last card... Thank you so much for joining us at The Color Hues challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fabulous selection of cards Joyce and the snow scenes perfectly CAS! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow awesome set of cards! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful set of cards!

    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Of course, I always love all your cards...your ability to create such a plethora amazes me! I love your snowy ones, especially the one using the Hero Arts set...makes for such a gorgeous image! Thanks for sharing these with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! Talk about a fabulous array of cards that have planted a smile all over my face! The zebras and the bike = balloons are real eye-catchers. And the stenciled/masked roses: oh my! Gorgeous! So thrilled you shared this beauty in the Inkspirational gallery! You've given me a great idea for an upcoming challenge (just sayin' *grin*)
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really love every one of your cards, Joyce! You did an amazing job on all of your backgrounds...especially the skies you created for your silhouette trees! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. As always, fabulous cards! The variety never ceases to amaze...and I always love each of them. Thank you for sharing your fabulous CAS snow scene at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness Joyce all..I mean all are so fabulous! You did such a wonderful job masking the stencil--it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your monochromatic beauties (along with the rest of the hit parade!)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this post Joyce and everything you have created! As for your blue birthday cards...They are wonderful! Love your ink blending and what a fun die-cut! As for your winter scenes..they are soft and soothing and perfectly CAS. Thanks so much for incorporating Just Us Girls, The Paper Players and Color Hues in your creative time! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's always a joy to see all your wonderful creations, Joyce. It's been a while since I've been by to comment. Your lovely stenciled roses brought me to thank you for sharing that card at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  30. All your cards are so fun, cool designs! Your flower "Rest Relax Recover" card is such a soft, beautiful arrangement, lovely card! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wowee, you've been busy! All incredible Joyce. Thanks so much for joining us at IB!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello, Joyce. Your output of cards is impressive! I particularly like the two Christmas cards that you entered for the "Snow" challenge at ATCAS. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow....so many beautiful cards, love each and every one of them. So in love with those gorgeous roses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Stunning cards. Love the rose ink-blended stencil card. Great CAS card

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a lovely collection of cards. You have been busy. I love the card with the trees. You used just the perfect shade of blue. I also love the layers on your card - subtle, yet adds some dimension and interest. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Joyce! I hope life is treating you good! Your cards are gorgeous! I love the clean snowy scene, cute zebra and fab inking on the birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous cards! Great to see you in the HLS gallery. Hope you will join us this month too! Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful slimline card with fun and cute zebras. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animal challenge at The Male Room. I hope to see you in our new Steampunk challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great cards. Thanks for playing with Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge with your tall card.
    Ma-Mi, DT HLS CAS

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! Awesome set of cards....just love the slimline! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...