Sunday, July 26, 2020

My Crafty Weekend




Hello and happy Sunday.  I am here to share the results of my crafty weekend.  First up is a summer scene inspired by the sketch at MFT Wednesday Sketch #499, the photo inspiration at Fusion Summer and at Inspired by #134 and Simon Says Monday Challenge: A Day at the Beach.










Next up is this fun ferris wheel card.  My BFF Kim sent me this stamped image with the unicorn, and I added a dog and a cat from Lawn Fawn Critters in the Burbs to complete my whimsical scene.  I was inspired by the photo inspiration at Just Us Girls #546 (amusement park), Lawn Fawnatics #81: Summertime Fun (we always go to the fair in the summer), and The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #185: D is for Dog.










My next two cards are inspired by the challenges at Stay Crafty with Hero #12: Friendship and A Blog Named Hero: Embossing.  I heat embossed the sentiment on both of these cards.  I used houses and a few other small images from Welcome Neighbor as well as some branches images from last autumn's My Monthly Hero kit.










Does something on this next card look familiar to you?  Yes, I watch way too much news these days.  And, with everyone broadcasting out of their homes, I have gotten very used to seeing a talking head with a bookshelf background.  I thought that would be fun to replicate on a card. 

This card was so fun to make.  I stamped the Hero Arts Bookcase Peekaboo on some scratch paper and then cut it out with the 1950's Television Die.  I colored in the portion shaped like the TV screen and tossed the rest. 

The hardest decision I had to make for this card was my choice of News Anchor.  I picked this mini Tim Holtz dog, as he looks as befuddled as I often feel when I am watching the news.  Closed Captions took care of the sentiment, which conveys the message I want to send to all my friends who I miss.

I am also entering this card at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #185: D is for Dog.





My last two cards were inspired by the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch #382 and the colors at Color Throwdown #603.  I am also entering at Seize the Birthday #195: No Toppings.





I could not decide which of my many tropical birds to use for this card, so I made another card with my runner up choice.












Thanks for Visiting

23 comments :

  1. WOW, you did have a crafty weekend! So many cute cute cared Joyce. I like the square panel you used on your IB card, it goes perfectly with the little van, thanks for joining us! You sure did nail the new look of so many broadcasts. The pup is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are DELIGHTFUL!! I love how you fit so many challenges in at one time! I think my favorite are BOTH the little bird cards. They just scream HAPPY to me and make me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crazy dog on tv - I love this card so much! I like them all of course, but the way you combined the elements so perfectly - it's just so good. Happy that we could help inspire you at the Sisterhood and Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce, I think you've aced every challenge with this one post!! lol
    and, I think we owned that television - it was a 'black and white' though!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these! The birds are so darn cute!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been on a creative roll with all these wonderful cards! Your CAS design with the throwdown colors is adorable! So glad you joined us in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are fabulous, love the designs, the colors, everything, and you are going to have some incredibly happy recipients! Thank you for sharing @ IB, Joyce, can't wait to see more of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....so many wonderful cards!!! Love your TV puppy and that ferris wheel with your extra critters is just as cute as can be!!! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a very crafty weekend with these wonderful cards. Love the cute Toucan and sentiment on your last card. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards!!! Love the doggy one for our challenge! Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joyce you are so creative and were busy again this past weekend! All so fun and whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic weekend for you, send me some mojo. All the cards are sweet, but the one you made for SoSS is adorable, the kitty, unicorn and doggie all in a ferris wheel so cute. Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for D is for Dog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab projects! All very nicely done :)
    Thanks for going to the dogs with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh your cards are so cute! The first one reminds me so much of California! The TV card is my fav of the bunch though, I must say! But your JUGs inspired card is so sweet as well with those critters taking a ride! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always fun to see your 'weekend collection' of cards, Joyce! Love your CAS style and how well you create for all the challenges! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A twofer for our challenge this week! Awesome! I adore that ferris wheel and love the bookshelf on the second one. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute cards. Thanks for joining the sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...