Friday, July 24, 2020

Destination Summer



Hello and happy Friday.  I recently got the new Destination Summer stamps from The Greetery, and spent most of the week stamping and cutting until I had a pile of fun little bits to combine into some cards.  I must admit that the stamping and cutting part was pretty tedious--most of the stamps were little bitty ones that required precise lining up for multi layer stamping ....but once that was done, I was able to make quite a few cards pretty quickly.

First up is a card inspired by the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches #445.  I am also entering this card at AAA Birthday #15: 3D, Use Your Stuff #401: Summer Fun, Fusion: Summer, Inspired by...#134, The Paper Players #500: Celebrate and Seize the Birthday #195: No Toppings.











Here is another card using many of the same elements.  I have added a beach to this card, as well as a few bits from the PTI Petite Places stamps.  I am entering this card at many of the same challenges as the card above, as well as Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: A Day at the Beach and CAS on Friday #185:  Summer.





Here is another card--many of the same elements, just arranged a bit differently.  How about some s'mores around that little campfire (courtesy of PTI)?  All of these cards rely on 1 or 2 stencils from The Greetery Destination, and they are such a quick and easy way to define the space where I could then just place my cut out images.




This scene I like to think of as more of a little village in the summer.  Perhaps it is my own town, Cardiff by the Sea on a warm summer day.  Note the Candy Store front and center...those buildings are from PTI Petite Places.





Last up is a caravan of campers and surfers.  I think those campers are really so sweet and cute, but you could not get me to go camping no matter how close to glamping it is.  I'll just stick to the camping stamps, please.





Here they all are together.  Quite a fun collection, although now I have a new appreciation of the ease of coloring bitty stamps versus trying to line them all up to stamp!



That's it for me today.  I think I'll head to the beach now.



Thanks for Visiting

26 comments :

  1. What a darling way to go on a journey when we can't really go on one! These are delightful Joyce. Thanks so much for joining us at IB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...you totally rocked Destination Summer!!!! I want to be in one of those campers heading towards the beach. Just love each and everyone of your fabulous creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fun! That stencil from the Greetery has so much potential, as you've ably demonstrated. (Could even be used to illustrate physical distancing, sigh.) What wonderful little scenes you've created. (By the way, I am completely with you on the camping thing.) Thanks for adding that first card to Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressed at your effort creating the camping gear for your cards! Each is a delight and fun to travel around the card scene presented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you so have some patience! This must have taken hours but better than looking at the news!! And what a fab set of fun cards and oh how I wish I was there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely is a versatile stamp set - and your efforts of stamping and die cutting have paid off very well - the cards all look fabulous!! I love the clean look of your birthday card, and also how it is so bright and cheerful! Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so much fun Joyce! I envy you your fabulous Greetery stamps - how I wish they were available here in the UK (although I'd go bankrupt very quickly I think!) I love how you've arranged your elements differently on each different map base and ended up with a beautiful set of cards. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - great cards! Thanks for sharing at The Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What an incredibly fun set of summery cards! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS on Friday. Cheers, Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore all of these ... such happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing all your darling cards with IB this week, Joyce!
    I just got this sweet set in my mailbox! Can't wait to ink it up!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I love these cards, so fresh and crisp and fun! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have created such fun scenes!! I have such fond memories of the car trips my family took when I was a child! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are delightful! Enjoyed going on a virtual journey with you!! Thank you for sharing your work!! Can't wait to get started using the Destination (and mini PTI)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well aren't these adorable! You backgrounds are so cool; assuming you were using a stencil. The way you used different colors to give your background different geographic looks as fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fabulous collection of cards! Each card is as sweet as can be! Glad you shared one at FMS and Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely the cutest, you rocked the challenges! Thank you for sharing @ IB this week, can't wait to see more of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what an awesome card set! I totally love these fun summer scenes. They make great takes on the challenges. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing collection of cards. I love how changing the colours of sections of the background adds to the scene. Each card is so special. Thanks for playing along with this months theme at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is an awesome collection of cards! I love all the little details in these cute summer scenes! Thanks for joining our AAA Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these fun and bright summer cards! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks like you had fun with all those little bits of design details. Joyce. All your little scenes are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...