Tuesday, March 22, 2016

CASology Week #190: Weather



This is my second post today.  If you are looking for my ColourQ post, please click here.

Hello and happy Tuesday. It's time for another challenge at CASology.   This week, our cue word is
Weather. If you are one who likes to chat about the weather, then this is the challenge for you.

Now, I live in San Diego, and we pretty much have only one type of weather.  I am not complaining--I love living in place where it is warm and sunny most of the time.  However, there is not much to say about our weather.

I decided to make a card that reflects our San Diego weather, and I will send it to my daughter next year when she is in college in Maine, freezing her tootsies off.  Perhaps she will receive it during a blizzard....


I cut a piece of card stock to about 1/3 the size of my card front and stamped it with the sun rays from PTI Hello Sunshine.  I used a die cut and stamp together to make my sentiment and finished the card off with a few sunny yellow sequins.


Now, it's your turn.  How does Weather inspire you?  I hope you play along this week. Please remember to keep it Clean and Simple.

I am entering this card at Less is More #268, where the challenge is 'what's outside your window' and Paper Players #287 where the challenge is clean and simple spring.







Please head on over to the CASology blog and gather some inspiration from the design team.

We are sponsored this week by Avery Elle.



Joyce (that's me)

Guest Designer: Amelia



Thanks for Visiting

30 comments :

  1. Oh Joyce, this is fantastic. What a great idea to use that PTI set. I love that you've used just two colors and the top of the card with all that luscious white space. Fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is an absolute triumph. I love the balanced layout, the restricted and therefore super effective colour palette and how you've carefully controlled the number of elements to keep it CAS but still "wow". Fantastic LIM entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this really stood out in the gallery what a beauty I love the positioning of the sunray and this card really packs a punch.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still can't believe she'll be on the other side of the US. I'm sure she'll miss the sunshine! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sun rays Joyce and I know that Rachel will love to receive this card when she is away at school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always know how to take the Cue Card to the next level, Joyce! I love the pattern on your sunburst, and your bold sentiment is perfect! Awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way your card radiates sunshine !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I envy you the sunshine, Joyce! This is a beautiful CAS design and will definitely brighten your daughter's day :) Thanks for linking up with us at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sunny card. I'm English so we always talk about the weather...you never know what will happen next here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your design and the sprinkling of sequins! This is pretty Joyce!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love how you have done the beautiful sun, Joyce!!!! The sentiment and the scatter of sequins are just perfect!!! This is such an awesome card!!!!
    Have a great day!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cheery, sunny and delightful card Joyce. A wonderful take on the CASology challenge and just a little envious of what's outside your window for Less is More. Thanks so much for playing along. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Joyce...love your gorgeous sunshine. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, what a perfect card for your daughter! It will be wonderful to receive some sunshine on a cold, cloudy day. Love how bright and cheerful your sun is--just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun spring card! I love the positioning of your sequins..awesome! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful cheery card makes my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so great and sunny! Think see will need it in the cold months... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhhh... California weather! Love the sunshine to brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhhh... California weather! Love the sunshine to brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an awesome springy creation....that sentiment really pops in front of your sunbeams! A happy card! Thanks for sharing this and playing with us at the Players this week again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your sunny happy card. The sequins are a perfect finishing touch.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Joyce what a perfect dose of sunshine in a card!
    Gorgeous stamp, so wish we could get PTI in the UK...
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the sun ray stamp and your perfectly scattered sequins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love that sun ray stamp! Such an effective card. Wish I could say that our weather was mostly warm and sunny!Lou x (Guest designer at LIM)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Joyce!! I wish I had your weather most of the time here. I hate the snow so to have the sun, I would love it. Great card. Send that sunshine my way!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is another really cheery card!
    Love it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  28. Joyce, I had a feeling you would make a sunny card, just like sunny California ("Sunny and 70" as my husband likes to recall of our trip to San Diego...that was the weather every day we were there!) I love the pretty rays and how you kept them to the top portion of your card. Very, very FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...