Monday, February 29, 2016

The 12 Kits of Occasions: February, 2016



It's time for our February 12 Kits of Occasions post.  This month, Nancy is our hostess, and she sent a wonderful and enormous kit, filled with everything one would need to color and paint up a storm. Her theme is Watercolor Wonder, and I had so much fun playing with everything in the kit.  I was even able to try some new techniques with some of the goodies she sent.

Of course, I have lots of leftovers as well. I can't wait to see what everyone else did with their supplies so I can CASE them with my leftovers.

Here is a peek at the kit Nancy sent out.



I made 6 cards before I ran out of time.

I used distress inks to water color these gold embossed flowers that Nancy included.  There were 3 flowers in the kit, and I painted and fussy cut 2 of them.  


I brushed a bit of Tumbled Glass Distress ink under the flowers and used a gold glitter die cut sentiment.


This entire card front came to me already stamped.  All I had to do on this one was add the die cut sentiment and paint the flowers and leaves.

I used a few different colors of Distress Inks for my watercoloring.



Nancy sent this card front with the gold embossed sentiment, and I added the gold jewels and black enamel hearts.



This next card came together in a quick moment.  Nancy sent several sentiments heat embossed in black on vellum.  I chose one to fit in the frame, and just added a bit of gold gel pen to the inner frame layer.




How fabulous are these donuts?  They are zero calories--no fat or sugar either.



I colored the donuts with copics, used a very thin marker to add sprinkles, and then added a heavy layer of Glossy Accents.



Nancy included some large salt crystals in her kit, and I used them to create some interest to the water colored panel behind this butterfly die.



I added my own sentiment to this card, stamped and embossed on vellum, so I did not have to cover up much of these pretty butterflies.



Here is another peek at a card I posted last week here.  I was able to use the masking fluid that Nancy included in her kit to play along with last week's Make it Monday.



I used so many of the elements in this kit, but still have so much left over. Thanks so much, Nancy, for sending such a wonderful kit.

That's it for me today.  Please visit us over at the 12 Kits of Occasions blog, where you can see a list of all the other designers and click over to their blogs.  Our special guest designer this month is Marcia Hill.  Please stop by to visit Marcia to see what she has done with her kit.

Thanks for Visiting



18 comments :

  1. What a fabulous array of beautiful cards here, Joyce! It looks like Nancy put together an amazingly fun kit. I want some fat free, zero calorie donuts now... ;0) Thanks for sharing your works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real treat to see all the cards here! Love the distressed backgrounds that you made and think all are beautiful, but the balloon one and nofat :) cards are my favorites... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. All wonders, Joyce! But those deep purple magnolias had me swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! These are all stunners Joyce! Have a lovely week! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Your first card is stunning with the gold trim and deep color, very elegant! You nailed this kit to perfection Joyce! Love the donut card and the masked balloons for MIM are adorable!
    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WOW! Your watercolors are so vibrant and stunning!!! Love love love the flowers in purple - so rich!!! and the ombre butterfly background is gorgeous too! The balloons are so cool and clever too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce!!! YOU rocked this kit!! The magnolias are gorgeous in these deep purples! The donuts? making me hungry! Fabulous cards!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Joyce! LOVE your deep purple magnolias--so stunning with the gold embossing! And the donuts with the sprinkles--so much fun. They look pretty yummy too! You really did a fabulous job with Nancy's kit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Joyce, such loveliness ... you crafted a bevy of beauties with this month's kit! The vibrant purple magnolia are particularly stunning ... and dramatic ... and gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous set of cards from the kit this month! LOVE the first card with the purple & gold flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with everyone else Joyce...those deep purple Magnolias are just gorgeous! But then so are the rest of your cards...totally love the CAS look of your gold gems card, the black and gold framed card is fabulous, the doughnuts are just as sweet as can be (and love that they are 0 calories...where do I find those??), and am totally smitten with your water colored background on the last card! I have had SO much fun seeing what all of you came up with using the same supplies, and was so very honored to be a part of this amazing group this month! Thank you, thank you friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a feast for the eyes!! You did an amazing job with the kit. I'm going to CASE your donut card, couldn't think what I wanted to do with them, but this looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, a wonderful feast for the eye, Joyce!!!! Love all your beautiful cards!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, Joyce. I have so much fun seeing all the great things all of your make with your kits. Your cards are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joyce all of your cards are just gorgeous! The purple and coral blooms you watercoloured perfectly and I love what you did with the donuts!! I can CASE that one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, Joyce...you did an amazing job with your kit! Your purple flowers are gorgeous, and I love all the water coloring you implemented into your designs! A really stunning collection of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joyce, you did such an amazing job with this kit!!! Your magnolias are stunning! I love your trip of donuts stop the stitched die, and you used all the embellishments in the best ways. (I was making mental notes of placement ideas.) Wishing for time to CASE you right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...