Friday, February 12, 2016

PTI 9th Anniversary



Popping in quickly with cards for two more of the PTI 9th Anniversary challenges.

First up is a card for the Create Along with us Challenge.  I was inspired by this card by Erin Lincoln.

Erin Lincoln's Card



I stayed pretty true to Erin's card, with the exception of the border die she used (not released yet) and my color scheme, which was both darker and brighter than hers.  I impressed my card front with the Peony Cover plate and that gave me a rough guide about where to sponge my flowers and leaves.  


I thought the white areas looked a little stark, so I went over them with a very light sponging of Aqua Mist.

My next card is for the Day 5 Sampler Square Challenge.  I've recently been teaching both of my teenaged daughters how to drive, so I find myself looking at road signs more closely than usual.  I had this idea to use a bunch of the different arrow dies from Get to the Point.



I pulled out 9 different colors of PTI card stock and die cut 9 different arrows from Get to the Point. Then I stamped each arrow using Versamark ink and a variety of different PTI background stamps.


It was still looking a little stark, so I boldly (foolishly) started doodling--I added faux stitching around all the boxes and random little white dots from my white gel pen.  I stamped a sentiment from Retro Style Graduation and an arrow from Live Love Life.  I think this will be a fun card to give one of my girls as they head out on their next adventure.


Thanks for Visiting



13 comments :

  1. Love these, Joyce! I really like the bolder, brighter palette on the first card and just love the arrows on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards Joyce! Those arrows are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Joyce! Love the watercolored scene and all the fun arrows! Waving hi from Phoenix :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! I smiled when you wrote about teaching teenagers how to drive, what a clever idea. Really like the bold colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beauties here Joyce! Have a lovely weekend and Valentine, whatever you do! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope the driving lessons are going well. Gr8 cards- I can see the peony cover plate is versatile and your ink blending is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both look great; a lot of work to cut 9 different coloured arrows... But the first is my favo; such a beautiful case! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love how you've done the sponging on the first card, Joyce!!!! ...and the colours are beautiful!!!! A lovey card!!!! And the one with all the arrows ...so fun and so cute ...and a great card for any teenager, with a lovely sentiment!!! Love your faux stitching and the white dots!!!
    Have a happy VD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce...love both of your cards but that sweet arrow card is as adorable as it gets. Can't wait to case you on it. I have all those arrows that are just waiting to be used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce, you are really rising to the occasion with these PTI challenges, creating cards that are incredibly ingenious, innovative and all around fabulous! The arrows: awesome! Cheering and applauding your entries loudly!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, softly sponged peony, Joyce ... and what fun arrows ... your doodling is fabulous ... those white dots really pop! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on Erin's card. The sponging of the flower is gorgeous. Great card on the square challenge. I never did do that one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your arrow card is very clever, Joyce. I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...