Tuesday, February 2, 2016

ColourQ #327....With Sympathy



If you are looking for my CASology post, please click here.

Happy Tuesday and welcome to a new challenge at ColourQ.   Same as last week, I thought of flowers when I saw this week's colors. What will you think of?


I must admit that the most challenging part of this week's color scheme to me was figuring out how to use Cherry Cobbler and Ruby Red on the same card.  I decided to use Cherry Cobbler paper to frame my images, die cutting the paper with the Embroidered Borders die from PTI.  I popped up a couple of the blossoms to add interest and also allow them to peek over the edge of the frame.



I am also entering this card at Just Us Girls #328 Wildcard Week, and I am using the middle column (die cuts; stamps; flowers).


Jennifer McGuire is hosting the Lasting Hearts card drive to comfort mothers who have lost a child.  I will be sending this card to her for this drive.  This card drive is going on through the end of February, so you have plenty of time if you would like to participate as well.




Please head on over to the ColourQ challenge blog to see more inspiration from the design team. I hope you will join in the fun and play along this week.


Thanks for Visiting

13 comments :

  1. So beautiful -- that stamp set still is one of my most favorites from PTI. You've showcased it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great circles frame, Joyce!!!! The flowers and little butterflies are so lovely!!!! Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that colors scheme...but must agree mixing those two reds would be tough! You have done an incredible job Joyce! Thanks for joining us for Wild Card Week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love those pretty red flowers Joyce, this is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful sympathy card Joyce, the red flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors and sympathy card! I love that older set and it's a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colours you chose here for our tic tac toe challenge at Just Us Girls. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those flowers. They look especially good with a few of them popped up for dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another really gorgeous card, Joyce! Your flowers are so striking, and I love how you framed them out...Love how you added dimension to this card, too!
    If you're interested, there is still some time to enter this card into this week's challenge at Addicted to CAS:
    http://addictedtocas.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/challenge-80-red.html
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to use those colors in such a dramatic way! I just love your card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and so striking, Joyce ... love how the flowers edge out over the frame! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully framed card my friend ❤️!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful sympathy card, Joyce! I love your border frame! I bet you are glad you did not have to do that one circle at a time! Happy Monday evening!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...