Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Mid Week Update




Hello and happy Wednesday.  I am here to post a few cards I was able to make this week.  First up is this adorable trio of cat friends.  It may be raining, but these cats are happy anyway.  After stamping my images, I used a mix of paper piecing and Copic coloring.  Because the images were so small and overlapping, I had to build up some layers to get things just how I wanted them.

I am entering this card at Inky Paws #145: Friendship, CAS Mix Up: Paper Piecing, and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Layer It.





Next up is a card using these adorable polar bears from Penny Black Arctic Antics.  I ordered these stamps years ago, when my daughter started college at a school with a polar bear mascot---she has just graduated, and I am finally now using the stamps.  Oops on me.  I was inspired to finally pull out these bears when I stumbled upon the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  The theme this week is 'cute', and I think these fun loving bears fit the bill.

I am also entering this card at CAS Christmas April Challenge: Rainbow and Addicted to Stamps and More #402: Christmas.





I used my brand new Hero Arts City HeroScape stamps to create my next three cards.  As you might know if you are a frequent visitor to my blog, I am nuts over anything city.  I pulled out these stamps and started experimenting with colors.

My first two cards are anniversary cards, which is very fitting for many members of my family who either live in New York or are from there originally (including yours truly and my DH).  I am entering this blue version at Festive Friday #81: Earth Day (blue, CAS, ombre), A Blog Named Hero April: Anniversary, and WWC313: Masculine.  The sentiment is from PTI Wet Paint, and I cut out and popped up the word 'anniversary'.




I was inspired to make a version of this card using three different shades of yellow by the challenge at The Rainbow Card Challenge #28: Delightfully Daffodil.  I am also entering this card at A Blog Named Hero April: Anniversary and Stay Crafty with Hero Arts #21: Bring On Spring.








And, my last city card, also using a bright spring color scheme is a birthday card.  My sentiment is a million years old, from an old Stampin Up wooden set I never use but cannot part with either.  I am entering this card at Addicted to CAS #194: Birthday, Perfectly CAS #13: Birthday, WWC313: Masculine, Stay Crafty with Hero Arts #21: Bring On Spring, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Birthday.




Thanks for Visiting

35 comments :

  1. Your skyline cards are fantastic and those sledding bears are full of fun! But my favorite tonight are those well dressed cats, so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...so many wonderful cards! Your fabulous city scapes are my favorite, just love that/those stamps and definately want to play with them when I come visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful CAS design for Festive Friday, love how the shades of blue on the buildings gives such a feel of dimension. Great card! Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your paper pieced rain gear! So bright, colorful, and playful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love coming to visit your blog and seeing your beautiful creations Joyce but as usual, I'm lost for words because each card is so fabulous and I want to talk about them all!! I adore the fun kitty scene you made with the paper pieced rain coats and hats and boots and umbrella - great paper choices! The polar bears with their rainbow scarves are cute too - and I'm sure we can all relate to 'I bought it for this reason... and am just getting round to using it now!' I loved the 'I've had the sentiment for a million years and can't part with it' bit too!! The ombré citiscapes are wonderful, especially in the blue I think! Thank you for sharing all your creativity (and I guess I wasn't so lost for words after all!) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joyce, your paper pieced kitties are adorable, love your choice of papers. Thank you for playing along at CAS Mix Up!
    Your Christmas card is so cute, their rainbow scarves look fab, and your cityscape cards look so cool in all the different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another collection of absolutely fabulous cards, Joyce! You inspire me so much with your clever designs and beautiful coloring...Thank you! Also, thanks so much for playing along with us again at Addicted to CAS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kitties! So very cute, especially their patterned raincoats. And hey, I have that same PB set and have hardly used it either! (Thanks for linking it up at ATSM!) And of course your city cards are awesome, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards, Joyce. Love the cats card the most. Can you tell us who made the stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dropped by to see your paper piecing which, no matter how did it, is very impressive. Discovered a bevy of beautiful examples of your work, so I'm futher impressed. As for your happy little band of friends, those tiny little patterned paper pieces are perfectly cut and matched. Thanks so much for entering your card in the CAS Mix Up challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful line up of cards, Joyce! I'm in awe of your paper piecing! Love how you've dressed those kitties and their umbrella! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab array of cards Joyce, love the PP kitties and your cityscapes have a great sense of depth despite the OL, very creative.
    T%hanks for sharing at Perfectly CAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a whole lot of paper piecing but it looks so amazing! Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are so adorable. Thank you for joining the Perfectly CAS Challenge.
    - Joy Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all amazing. Love your kitties an those cityscapes are always to fun. I wish I could keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These cards are all wonderful, Joyce!
    The scarves with the rainbow colored stripes are so pretty! No wonder the bears look so happy! Thank you so much for sharing the bear card with us at CAS Christmas!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of fun looking at all of your cards Joyce! The paper pieced cats are so adorable. Made me smile looking at them. Great mix of patterned papers! Your polar bear sledding down the mountain is so cute, especially with the rainbow scarf! Thanks for sharing these cards with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many clean and simple cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful cityscape card designs! I love how just by changing the colors - you can make it a masculine or a feminine card!
    Thank you so much for joining our A Blog Named Hero challenge!
    Anna @Crafty Anna Studio
    A Blog Named Hero Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the paper piecing you did on those adorable rainy day kitties! Such a fun way to add pattern to a card! Thanks for joining the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great array of cards Joyce, and the polar bears whizzing along with their rainbow scarf is adorable! Thankyou for playing along at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, your paper-pieced kitty outfits are fabulous, absolutely love them and your patience! Great card with the tone on tone cityscape too, looks really effective. Thanks so much for playing along at Perfectly CAS, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the skyline image and the colors and way you stamped it. So much depth and perspective. Thank you for stamping along with the Festive Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your cards! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the yellow skyline card! I love how the buildings look in other colors also! Thank you so much for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge! Hugs! Katy DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. All are fabulous! I love that PTI Wet Paint set! So glad I have it too. Love your cityscape in blue. So glad you linked up at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Joyce. You had a good week at crafting. Love your buildings in yellow!!! I wouldn't have thought of that, but it works!!! Glad you played with us at The Rainbow Card Challenge. Please join us again next month for our May challenge.
    Elena DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. a fabulous lot of cards. Thanks for joining us with at Watercooler Wednesday with you cards

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations, Joyce! Your fabulous (cityscape) project was once again selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. As a reminder, you can hop over to the challenge to grab your winner's badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again really soon! Sending hugs your way, Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So much eye candy here Joyce! love all of your designs - your polar bears look so festive in their rainbow scarves flying along the slopes on their sled! thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the colour variations on your card designs, Joyce!! Thanks for joining us over at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the way you used three shades of the same color to create depth. The buildings appear at varying distances from the viewed as a result. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Card Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Joyce, your skyscapes are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at TRCC this month and I look forward to you joining us again soon.
    Hugs,
    Em, DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fun set of cards! Thank you for joining us at TRCC! Hope to see you again! Hugs! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜 Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your cards are really beautiful. Great to see you in the Rainbow Card Challenge gallery. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...