Sunday, April 4, 2021

Crafting Again, Finally

 


Happy Easter for those who celebrate!!

I took a break from crafting because I was finally able to travel!!  I saw my parents for the first time in over a year, and I am so grateful that I was able to see them because we all were vaccinated.  Now I am back, and had some fun in my craft room this weekend.

First up is this birthday card, which I made by blending a background with a variety of blue Distress inks, then adding this squares cover plate from PTI.  I stamped my focal point with Twisted Citron Distress ink and then rolled the edges with Mowed Lawn.

I am entering this card at Ink to Paper: The Great Cover Up: Ink Blended Background, Seize the Birthday #211: Squares, The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #183: Distress, Addicted to CAS #194: Birthday, WWC312: Occasions, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.








It's graduation season, and I have quite a few graduates in my life, so I had to get to work.  Up next are two graduation cards.  For my first card, I used the Lil Inkers Stitches & Stripes Cover Up die to create a striped backdrop for my subway-style focal point by Taylored Expressions.  I stamped an extra graduation cap in the school colors and popped it up with foam tape.  

I am entering this card at Just Us Girls #578: Stripes, WWC312: Occasions, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.






I took a shortcut with this card, as I started with a pre-printed card front--I am trying to use some of the many pre printed card fronts I bought during my PTI days.  This one was perfect for this graduation cards, as the school colors of the recipient are Gold & Green.  I added 2 embossed sentiments--'Congrats' in Pinefeather and 'on your graduation' in gold, using PTI Layered Banner Banter stamps and dies as well as Keep it Simple: Graduation.

I am entering this card at Ink to Paper What Do I Do With This: Embossing, WWC312: Occasions, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.




Since it is Easter, I had to have a bunny somewhere, right?  Isn't this bunny cute, with his little birdie friend?  I was inspired by the sketch at MFT Sketch Challenge #535, where I flipped the sketch, and the colors at MFT Color Challenge #163.  I am also entering this card at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Easter/Spring, Shopping Our Stash #442: Peter Cottontail, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.





Last up for today is this CAS Thank You card, inspired by the challenge at Ink to Paper Video Series: Gratitude, Less is More #440: Pink, Grey, Gold, both the sketch and the photo at Fusion: Bee Kind (hexagons for the bee honeycomb), and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.








Thanks for Visiting



20 comments :

  1. Beautiful cards! Thanks for entering this weeks JUGS stripes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crafting again, and such a feast for the eyes too ... popped across from the LIM challenge, love all of your makes but particularly the LIM card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection of cards, love the blue inking in the coverplate one, perfect for those challenges. Thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so good you are crafting again and like crazy-all fab cards and had to come by as I also made a card for Fusion but so very different-love the colours you used x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card for our challenge at Less is More. Great use of the colours and beautifully CAS. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific line up of cards, Joyce! So happy you had time with your parents and that you've been vaccinated. Hubby and I finally get #1 on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many sweet and wonderful cards....but your adorable bunny and bird is my favorite one, just love them popping up inside that box! So happy you got the chance to travel and see your parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ombre look of the background of your first card! Certainly adds more interest to the card. It makes the perfect background for your cover plate. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous distress card you shared with us! Awesome!! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fabulous collection of cards, Joyce! I love your soft blue background with the cover plate...such a lovely CAS design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!
    So happy to hear that you've been able to travel again ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy you have the vaccine and could see family! And then you got right back to crafting and making beautiful cards, of course. :) Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday and the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Joyce
    It's always nice to see you and your furry friend here at Addicted to CAS! Great ombre effect on your card. xoxo Fran

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I could say I was finally crafting again, but in the meantime I will live vicariously through your lovely designs! So many thing here I haven't used in a while! All so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing CAS cards and each one more appealing than the last. of course i'm bound to say the bunny is my favorite tho, right?! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards. Love all the squares on your first card for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab selection of cards. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of your cards are lovely!! Thank you for playing along with us at the Sisterhood. Your Distress blending is beautiful and I love that cover plate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great collection of cards Joyce. I especially love how you've interpreted our theme with those pastel hexagons. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Fusion Challenges. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful array of cards, Joyce. Love your take on our challenge with these hexagons and the lovely gold sequin. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab collection of creations!
    Thanks for getting distressed (in a good way) with Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...