Saturday, December 3, 2011

One Layer Thanks



I've got three cards for this week's One-Layer Wednesday:  Variations on a Sentiment.  You can see more about this challenge here.  Our challenge had three parts:

1) use ONLY a sentiment stamp on your card...no other stamps or embellishments allowed!
[I used the 'thanks' stamp from PTI Grunge Me]

2) use a NON-STANDARD size for your card
[My cards are 4.25 square]

3) make at least two cards using the same stamp that vary something (color, type of ink, technique, placement of the stamp, size of card)
[I made three cards, using three different color combinations]


I decided to make a set of thank you cards.  My muse, Laurie Willison, had published this card on her blog mere hours before I started this challenge, and I was immediately inspired to make these cards:







Thanks for Visiting

14 comments :

  1. Great cards, Joyce. I love all three of them. Your color selections for each card is a great combo.

    June K

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great! we often need thank yous in a hurry and these are perfect...love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it again, Joyce! All three of these are super fab! Love your choice of colors and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous!!
    Love all the color choices...
    and I don't think you can find a better muse than Laurie for CAS...
    she makes it look so incredibly easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrr Laurie is my go to gal for CAS too :) Love these notecards Joyce, the bold colours really reflect the style of font too...perfect for OLW :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too dang cute and this is what I will be making tonight!!! I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this card set Joyce! What a fun design too!

    I just wanted to thank you too, for your sweet comment on my blog. It is always nice to hear from you and know that you like coming by to see what I have made! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the sweetest EVER! I am so glad I got to see these tonight! I love the sentiment you used! It looks great layered up like that! And great colors too! Thanks friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these cards! They would make a very cute packaged gift for someone... Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all great! Love the colors. They will make great thank you cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joyce, These are wonderful I love what you did with the sentiment and all are just slightly different, well done !Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great set of cards. Love the variety of color combinations. It's always nice to have a couple of Thank you cards on hand. You did a great job with the challenge of 3 elements

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now if I didn't know better I would say this was a Maile Belles card! These are so great, love the way you graduated the sentiments and the colors were just spot on. Really great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!!!! What a great idea! Love the different colors here, and how you created such a different feel with just a change of color and nothing else. Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...