Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Wonderfully Whimsical Landscape




I've got a card today for the  St. Luke's Charity "Let it Snow" Challenge.  This season, I have been admiring cards made with the Memory Box Country Landscape Die.  For example, this card, or this card by Jenny at Crafting in the Country.  Unfortunately, I guess I am the last to the party because this die seems to be sold out everywhere.  I'm sure I will be able to get one by next December, but what to do now?  

Improvise.  I used my In the Meadow dies along with my Wonderfully Whimsical stamp set to create my own whimsical country landscape.  I'll be donating this card to St. Luke's for their fundraiser.  I hope someone fun buys it.




Supplies Used (PTI):
Stamps:  Wonderfully Whimsical, Tremendous Treats Christmas, Winter Penguin
Paper:  White
Other:  In the Meadow Dies, Sizzix Embossing Folder


Thanks for Visiting

9 comments :

  1. Joyce, This is so cute. Love the embossed snow drifts. Love the big tree behind the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your whimsical take on Jenny’s card, great job, it looks adorable. Now I want that die too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. I love the little scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! I think you did an incredible improvised card. It's perfect! The embossed hills are so very cool. Memory Box Smemory Fox! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your whimsy version of the die.... you can move your houses around too, to make different scenes :)I apologise for the die selling out although I think the Christmas season has something to do with it as well ;)
    Thanks for making it a ST Luke's submission.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a fabulous take on Jenny's card - I love the whimsical houses and embossing. It's just fabulous! Thanks for your continued support for St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your use of the making memories die wonderful Christmas scene. ThAnk ou for joining in our challenge over at St Luke's

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. How resourceful Joyce! Your improvisation is very effective - I love your whimsical scene and the embossed snow banks are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is a genius interpretation of the die - and so much more versatile.
    Thanks for your support of our challenge.
    Craftilicious x
    St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge Founder

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...