Thursday, November 19, 2015

CASology Design Team Craft Space Tour





Hello, and welcome to my craft room.  I hope you have enjoyed the CASology Design Team Craft Space Tours.  I am the last stop on the tour.

The photo below is the view from the door looking into my room.  I am fortunate enough to have a  room of my own upstairs.  I use this room for all my crafting, as well as paying bills and anything else I need a computer for.  Do you see my crafting buddy?  Yes, that is him in the most comfortable chair in the house.

I had a large built in desk made years ago, with the idea that my daughters could sit on one side doing homework and I could sit on the other doing my own stuff, and we would have about 3 1/2 feet of desk space between us.  

You can still see my daughters' chairs, but they do not use my office much any more, so I have spread out more and more of my stuff across the desk.  The cabinet on the far side of my desk was originally intended so my girls could each have a place to stash their stuff in my office, and it is now filled with extras of every adhesive imaginable plus a couple of Xyron machines.



On the left side of the room, I've got some more built ins with a closet in between them.




Let's take a closer look at the left side.  I keep all my patterned paper pads there in baskets and bins. My patterned paper pads are organized by brand, and I keep all the scraps for each pad clipped together, and all the clipped scraps for a particular brand together in a zip lock stored in the back of each section.  It is pretty much impossible to use up a pad of paper using this method, no matter how often I use it.


The other side houses all my PTI sets that are in CD cases, white and cream paper, a few baskets of stamps in Tim Holtz folders, felt, buttons, and more.  If you want to see more about my stamp storage, please click here.



Ready for a peek into the closet?  

On the right side is lots of 12X12 paper left over from my brief foray into scrapbooking, SU stamps and wooden stamps.  Click here to see the post where I describe how I store my wooden stamps.  I store them in horizontal picture frames.



This is the middle section of the closet, and I have extras of all my PTI papers and patterns on top of the cubbies, and various other things like office supplies, ribbon, eyelets, etc. in the cubbies.  The left side of the closet is too messy to show, so we won't go there today.




Continuing around the room, this wall has a table where I keep my paper cutter, scoring board and die cutting stuff.  The most important thing on this side of the room is my super comfy chair and my best crafting buddy, Sherlock.



I keep all of my completed cards in bins under this table.  Click here to see the post where I describe how I organize and store my completed cards.

I store all my dies, impression plates, and embossing folders on the shelves right next to my Big Shot. Click here to see more detail on how I store and organize my dies.



Who is this handsome and furry guy, watching me make cards?




Continuing around the room, we come to my desk, where I have tidied up my work space just for you.  I have lots of things right at my finger tips--inks, markers, pens, scissors, glue, etc.



I have lots of coloring stuff right at hand, stored Jennifer McGuire-style.



Do you see that amazing ribbon rack on the wall?  Kim's husband Dwight made it for me, and Kim actually brought it down to San Diego to me on the plane.  Talk about great friends!  The rack is filled with ribbon and Washi tape I almost never use but love to look at.  Click here to see a little more on how I organize my inks.




I keep my most used stamps stored in Tim Holtz folders in baskets on the left side of my desk.  They are organized by topic and then by company.  



I like to use binders to help me keep track of things.  My most used binder is my sentiment binder.  I stamp every sentiment from every stamp set into this binder, and I organize it by type of sentiment.  It makes it easy to find the right sentiment for each card.



Here is an example from the 'Happy Birthday' section--kind of messy, but very functional.


Here is a quick peek at the binder where I keep samples of all my die cut words.



The last thing I will highlight is this wonderful cart from The Container store--I have a couple of full pieces of every color of card stock stored along with all my scraps in rainbow order in the top of this cart.  The bottom holds sequins, twine, embossing powders and other stuff.  Click here and here to see more about this cart.




Thanks for coming by to visit me in my craft room.  Happy Crafting!

36 comments :

  1. WOW, what a neat and very well organized crafting space you have, Joyce!!!! I enjoyed spending some time here with you and every time someone shares their crafting space, I can not believe how much stuff you guys have!!!!! You would really laugh if you had to see what I work with!!!! It must be such a pleasure to make cards here!!!!! And I love your very sweet Sherlock spending some time in his comfy chair!!!! Happy crafting in your lovely craft area, Joyce!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to get a peek into your craft room. I love everything about it but I really love the big comfy chair. It got me to thinking now that I need one in my room -- although I don't think one would fit. Thanks for sharing these photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great space, Joyce! I love & envy the custom desk and think the sentiment binder is genius. A few of the same stamp storage baskets are in my office :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome space!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this craft room well and can say it is so easy to use, thanks to you hosting many crafting days at your beautiful home.
    I think your binder is one of the best ideas some day I would love to make my own , not sure I will ever do it but I should try because its a great idea !
    You do have a lot and you are always so kind to share, love the way you now have you pens.
    Its so nice to have a crafty buddy by your side all day, I know I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a grand space to get crafty in! I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's spaces and yours is amazing! I can't tell you how helpful my stamp and die cut binder has been to me. You were so kind to share your ideas on how you did yours. It's been a resource I turn to again and again. I am in awe of all your wonderful supplies. You would laugh at my meager space and supplies but it works and I'm blessed to have what I have. The best part of your room is your stamping buddy! It makes me think I should put a chair in mine for my Dixon, but there's no room. He'll have to stick to lying on the floor. Haha! I really enjoyed my time here today, Joyce. Thanks for always being so kind. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, you are so organised. I am so, so jealous of all that lovely space. It is bigger than our whole flat!! I could dance around in it....no not naked!! I was looking at all these cool ideas and thinking at how you organise all this and thinking how I do it. I try to keep my stamps by company in zip bags then in boxes but in the boxes there are a number of companies- these are written on the top. But I just keep in my head where they are but I guess I have a lot less than you and would need to be more organised. I think you need to visit and get me into shape xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tour of your fabulous and organized craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful room! Thanks for such a fabulous and comprehensive tour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome space! love your partner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a wonderful glimpse of what keeps you crafting in such a brilliant way ... organized to the hilt, it is truly a wonderful space ... hey, I see room enough for the two of us! One day, Joyce!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice and neat! I hope that one day mine will look like this :)
    I bet your partner in crime is enjoying is corner as well? Happy stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be right over!
    What a bright, cheerful, well organized room...and who could resist your crafting partner in that big, comfy chair? I love the desks and the closets...everything has its place! I also LOVE the acrylic picture frame storage for wood block stamps...that is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You could design craft spaces for a living, Joyce! As someone else who loves organization, I've learned from and drooled over your former posts! I've also heard from Kim how wonderful your room is and she wasn't kidding! It's sensational!! Happy Thanksgiving!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great space and great feature peeking into everyone's craft spaces. Always fun to see how others do it and where they do it. Thanks girls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great place to craft in! So big and organised! That is part of the beautiful cards you make I think! Wish you soo many happy crafting hours in it! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Joyce: Your crafting space is amazing, I love how you keep everything out in the open and readily available. I like to see how other crafters keep their spaces organized and I always take ideas from them. You just gave me the BEST IDEA EVER on how to store my sentiment stamps. Oh my goodness, I've been meaning to do this for a while now but I didn't really know how to go about it. Your idea of a binder with all the sentiments stamped with the name of the set, etc. is BRILLIANT so I'm going to get a nice size binder and start organizing the oodles of sentiment stamps I have, by theme so I don't have to go through all the sets to find what I need.
    Thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas, your craft room is beautiful but, the most beautiful item in it, is your sweet doggie Sherlock, he looks perfectly comfortable in HIS chair.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cozy and organized, this is a really wonderful craft space!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun to look at your craft space. Neat and tidy and highly organized and that is how I like it too. Thanks for letting us peek inside your special place.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the tour. I learned a lot of tips. My favorite parts of your craft room are the comfortable chair and Sherlock!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the tour Joyce and I am amazed at how tidy it is! I'm not surprised that you produce such fabulous artwork in this lovely inspiring place.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, wow, Joyce!!! I'm in awe. Such a fabulous space!!! No wonder your cards are amazing. Your binders are incredible....love, love, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW JOYCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is fantastic. Is that second chair for me? I'll be right over...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous space Joyce! Love knowing where you and Sherlock crank out all of those amazing cards together!! Your binder idea is a GOOD one, might have to find time to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, Joyce! You have the most amazing craft room! Thanks for sharing and I love the idea of your binder.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Joyce...love your wonderful craft room and I look forward to spending time crafting with you in each summer. You are as organized as it gets my dear friend, you are so inspiring! Love that Sherlock hands out with you, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  27. How lovely to visit, Joyce ... you have the most wonderful, organised and oh so functional craft room ... so many gorgeous things and such brilliant ways of arranging them! Sherlock looks so comfortable in 'his' chair! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What I wouldn't give for a craft room that size, Joyce. It's lovely, functional and organized which makes creating fun and easy. I can tell by the wonderful cards you consistently make.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderfully, warm and welcoming space, Joyce! That natural light is such a gift too! You are so meticulously organised! I have thoroughly enjoyed visiting each area within this room of treasures. Sherlock looks like such a sweetie too! Loved your tour! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Joyce I realized that this is the first time that I have seen your room in it's entirety! I have seen so many snippets over the years that I have known you but I have never had the tour. What a fantastic and organized space. I envy that you manage to keep up with your organization as your collection grows! Maybe time for you to come north of the border to help me get mine up to date. Thank you for sharing your space with us my friend. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh what an amazing visit with you today Joyce! I love your room and now it is easy to picture you in here. It's bright and comfortable with lots of room to spread out. And your little buddy Sherlock is in there too keeping watch over you! I love the binders with the sentiments and die cut words - very organized, and yes much easier to find things this way. I know I'd be happy to hang out here for a long visit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'll add my voice to the others: your crafting space is a paradise! Roomy, cozy, bright...no wonder such amazing projects emerge from here, as this is an outstanding place for creativity to flourish! In awe! Your Sherlock: what a handsome feller, obviously dedicated to spending time with you and overseeing activities from his special chair! I popped over to check out your stamp and die storage ideas...talk about brilliant! I'm going to be on the lookout for the CD envelopes for sure! I don't have all that much stuff - and you've seen photos of my postage-stamp sized crafting space - however, disorganization and clutter still run rampant. Maybe I'll ask Santa to bring me the envelopes...Thank you immensely for sharing your have with us...love it!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow Joyce, you are super organised in your fab crafting room.

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOVE your craft space, Joyce! What a great idea to have a custom built-in desk...with room for your kids to do their homework, too :) I also love how you organize your supplies...so neat and tidy, and everything is right on hand when you need it! Best thing of all...the comfy chair with your 'Fur Baby'...he's a real cutie!
    Thanks so much for sharing your ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow what a lovely craft space :) you are so organized. Seeing your craft space, I wish I could craft there with you LOL

    ReplyDelete
  36. Because I've been such a bad commenter of late I totally missed this post. Your craft room rocks! I love that fabulous big desk and how well organized everything is. I also really like the binders of stamped images. I need to do that. I think it would save a lot of time. My favourite thing of all though? The gorgeous Sherlock of course! Love his sweet face!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...